Avro Vulcan

buttoncup

hello,

Not sure where to ask, but the fit of the wings to the body is very bad, big gaps, my mistake modeling skills or bad kit?

Whats the best way to get the wings on?

cheers

Bad kit ! go to the Group Build and check out Robvulcans build . This will show you what to do

thank you, i had a look, but the vulcans body is alreadybuilt :(

so filler and many cuss words it is!

Well, if the fuselage is already in one piece, it's not a complete dead loss. Assemble your wings; test-fit; file away any proud bits. That will reduce the gaps by some way. Then - as this still leaves gaps you could fit your foot in - be prepared to fill with plastic strip, not just filler. It can make for a much stronger joint that way.

Well, if the fuselage is already in one piece, it's not a complete dead loss. Assemble your wings; test-fit; file away any proud bits. That will reduce the gaps by some way. Then - as this still leaves gaps you could fit your foot in - be prepared to fill with plastic strip, not just filler. It can make for a much stronger joint that way.

thanks i will have to try that, never used plastic strip before. live and learn!

Yes the plastic strip is a sound idea

What I do is heat some spare sprue and stretch it and that give some nice flexible strips to stuff into the gaps and using liquid cement it softens nicely

One the glue melted plastic is set you will have a join that is probably stronger that the surrounding model, certainly it will make the fuse and wing effectively one piece.