A couple more completions for 2012

Now this is just bloody typical..........

Having just finished building this monster - what comes through my door in the post - this months copy of Airfix Model World and what have they got.... a build article on this ruddy swine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say the air was a slight hue of blue as the article gave suggestions on the approach to building the engine pods, which when i read it there was a slight "doh! as i realised that's how i could have done it...................

did you have the same fit issues as the AMW one with the wing? is it more old school revell?

Darren

almost.

Thankfully, my wing roots didnt have a massive gap underneath, and i was able to fill using PVA glue. Also on the top - only a little filler was used at the rear joint and the front. Overall, the fit was not too bad.

The front part, which is the cockpit glazing, does not stand proud of the fuselage, i still had to put some filler round it, but on the whole, it fits very well indeed. if i spent more time with the cockpit, i could probably have got it to have a completely seamless fit. But as it stands, it's not bad at all.

I think the name should br Ursus to reflect the 'Grizzly' tag it had. Nice work on your 'table top' air force though. But don't you think the pitot on the 48th P-40 Tomahawk is rather over scale!!! Compare it to the Hasegawa 48th P-40E and you'll see what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words! to date, the Atlas is certainly the biggest kit i've built - and i am struggling to try and keep it safe in the house - i dont have any shelves wide enough to store it in the study or on the display cabinet in the living room.

At the moment, it is displayed on the top of a chest of drawers in our spare bedroom!

Tomorrow evening, i have to try and transport it to our local modellers club as several members have all asked to see it once completed..................I think a lot of prayers will be needed for safe transportation!

• 7 months later...

After many months and a couple of moves round the house to find a safe place for this monster, this finally happened today!!!!

Not as a result of anything I've done, but as the result of people being inconsiderate and ignoring quite simple instructions - DO NOT TOUCH.

We are in the process of moving and I gave quite explicit instructions to the estate agents that none of the models on display were to be touched. Got home and found the prop on the floor with one of the blades snapped off. Now I've knocked it a few times, and knocked the props off (they are not glued on specifically for this reason), however, it has never broken. The only way is if someone decided to play around with it (the model was in the same place that I left it!) needless to say I am not a happy modeller at the moment.

DSCN6670.jpg

DSCN6669.jpg

Any one any idea how it can be fixed (it's not a clean break and seems not to like going back in the right place!)