I built the kit OOB, only cutting it down to water line, and adding a few figures from the spares box.

I used fishing line for the rigging.

Humbrol enamels were used to paint and weather her, with some Tamiya Smoke.

SB3.jpg

SB2.jpg

SB4.jpg

SB6.jpg

SB5.jpg

SB7.jpg

SB8.jpg

SB9.jpg

SB10.jpg

SB11.jpg

SB12.jpg

SB13.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 4

Thanks for all the compliments, they are very much appeciated.

I forgot to mention that I added thin plastic card sides to the railings and I used masking tape to make the curtain covers where the gang planks would go.

very nice boat, what humbrol colours did you use please - I am about to start mine and will use humbrol too

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

To be honest I can't remember the exact paints I used.

I just used the Humbrol equivilant of the Revell paints called out on the instruction sheets.

• 3 weeks later...

Angelo,

This really is Stunning. I especially like your attention to detail with the weapons, rafts, captain figure and even the curling of the flag looks realistic.

Your weathering looks really spot on to the S-boats.

Great work as always.

Karen

Edited by Belle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all great model i am doing this model now and i am going to use humbrol 79 for the top and a 50 50 mix of white and light grey for the sides that's what i can make out of the instructions :hmmm: i am also using 118 US Tan for the wood.

Edited by modelfan
  • Like 1

Looks very good mate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job. What did you use for the water?

I just airbrushed various shade of green on to a piece of card, then gave it a couple of cotes of Klear, acrylic floor varnish.

• 3 weeks later...

HL-10

Just as with your awesome armor builds where your skills of weathering is just out of this world,

you have transferred that delicate task to your S-Boat; with the subtle weathering on areas exposed to the elements makes it look quite realistic.

The detailing of that is mighty fine and highly impressive and exposes the S-Boat in its true elements..the detailing is

SUPERB , and your work and finish is EXEMPLARY..

Sir, that is a MAGNIFICENT S-Boat..BEST I have seen.

{ not many modelers can digress from one scale of one genre of models to another scale and different kinds of models as you have shown!}

HOUSTON.

• Like 1