AH-64A Apache.

Finished this build up about three weeks ago. This has taken a little over three years to build. It is comprised of parts from four 1/72 kits (2 Academy, 1 Hasegawa, and 1 HobbyBoss), after market sets from CMK & Eduards, and a total of 1200+ scratch built pieces. None of this would have been possible without the outstanding custom decals from my friend Joseph Osborn, invaluable technical advice and reference material from my friends Jon Bernstein, Tony Morgan, and the US Army. So I'll shut up now and post the photos. The in-progress for this build can be found here. Please let me know if you all have any suggestions or corrections.

Devil Dance

AH-64A 89-0202

C Company, 1/229th Attack Helicopter Battalion aka."Blue Max"

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

16.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

15.jpg

Dave Fassett

• Like 6

What a superbly finished Apache. Inspiriational stuff.

I would guess that it is probably unlikely that all panels displayed open on this model would all be open at the same time. Even for the first, comprehensive pre-flight of the day, it is unlikely everything is open at the same time. Unlikely, but not impossible.

BM.

Thank you so much gentlemen for the great feedback and comments.

Now that's something special, have one of these on my "to do" list, but until someone comes out with Hellenic Army markings that's where it will be staying.

Great build and superb attention to detail.

ScotthidrBlow the dust off the kit and go to this link. They have the markings you are looking for.

Great model. My only question is: would the aircraft have all that ordnance hung on it and have almost every panel open for servicing?

W

Yes Sir it would. I knew this question would get brought up when I built it. I have a couple of photos with live ordnance hung on the aircraft and panels and service work being performed. The purpose of my model was more to give the viewer a glimpse inside the aircraft, rather than to depict a certain event.

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09

In 32nd scale that would have been fantastic, in 72nd it's outstanding, what great model. I can see why it might have taken three years in the building.Thanks for sharing it with us. I also think the amount of armament is too much but it does add tot the impact.

Colin on the Africa Station

Thank you all for the excellent comments. It is this kind of feedback from outstanding modelers like yourself that helped me through this build, and made it all worth while. Thank you all again.

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09