Airfix 1:72 Mustang

Well, its about time i started posting instead of lurking. I just today finished off this Mustang (but now i have looked at the pics i realise i have a little bit of tidying left to do).

First model really since i was a lad, so i'm just getting back in the swing of things.

DSC_3150.jpg

DSC_3161.jpg

DSC_3159.jpg

I'm not happy with the thick red paint, and i got the wrong shade of yellow for the stripes. But, i enjoyed building it and i'm enjoying the learning curve!

Next up will be either the 1:72 BF109, or i may tackle the Revell Spitfire mk22 i started nearly 2 years ago...

Thanks for looking,

Nick

• Like 2

Clearly a very popular subject with the Film about and this rather nice build of the Airfix kit.

Just as an aside, the short moulding by the tail wheel opening doesn't seem to be short moulded in the gift set edition with the 112 squadron makings. I have both issues of the kit andthe fault is not there. Maybe the fault has been rectified for this issue and future production runs. Not that its detrimental to the 'Red tail' kit at all. A simple remedy to carry out.

Thanks guys, i appreciate the kind words.

It went together very nicely. One of the undercarriage legs was bent, but other than that it was really enjoyable. I will touch up the paint in a couple of areas, and then crack on with the next one.

Nick

:)