Battle of Britain Me 109E3

PaulR

Evening all,

I meant to post this on Thursday, which would have been the 72nd anniversary of this particular machine crash landing back in France after combat over the south coast of England. The kit is the fantastic Tamiya 109E3, with Eduard canopy masks and Xtradecal decals from their 70th anniversary BoB sheet. It is a machine of JG52, flown by Uffz Karl Wollf. It would be interesting to know if there is any way of finding out which unit he might have tangled with; I am well into making up my own 'dogfight doubles' at the moment!

Next up: Eric Lock's 41 sqn Spitfire and Gunther Bode's 109E4 from JG27, both using the fab new tool 1/72 Airfix kits . . .

IMAG0223.jpg

Evening all,

I meant to post this on Thursday, which would have been the 72nd anniversary of this particular machine crash landing back in France after combat over the south coast of England. The kit is the fantastic Tamiya 109E3, with Eduard canopy masks and Xtradecal decals from their 70th anniversary BoB sheet. It is a machine of JG52, flown by Uffz Karl Wollf. It would be interesting to know if there is any way of finding out which unit he might have tangled with; I am well into making up my own 'dogfight doubles' at the moment!

Next up: Eric Lock's 41 sqn Spitfire and Gunther Bode's 109E4 from JG27, both using the fab new tool 1/72 Airfix kits . . .

Yes, it is 1/72. Great kit!

Edited by PaulR