Airbus A320 Bangkok Air. Crazy colour scheme.

Hi All,

This is Revell's 1/144 Airbus A320, with BOA decals for Bangkok air that I spotted on the Big H's website. It is so colourful I just had to build it!

I used the Lufthansa boxing and built it pretty much out of the box, only replacing the undersized 'sharklets' on the wing tips.

They are big decals, but went on very well. I got a few of the inevitable wrinkles but nothing too bad.

There is a problem with them though, explained lower down.

Real thing is here;

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bangkok-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1507949/L/&sid=4ed30b7717a2bb76e96d81de8348179e

Hope you like it!

Fish1.jpg

Fish2.jpg

Fish3.jpg

Fish4.jpg

Fish5.jpg

Fish6.jpg

Fish7.jpg

There was a bit of a 'Gotcha' on the decal sheet which I fortunately spotted before applying them. A big segment of the Pale Blue is missing. At first I thought it might just be my sheet having a misprint, but looking again on Hannants & BOA's websites, the same problem is apparent on both.

If anyone has this sheet, you'll need to correct it like this;

Lowest down is the decal instructions correctly showing how the pale blue should sweep up above and behind the fish, and over the rear door.

In the middle is the decal showing it has been missed.

On top is my solution. I photocopied the decal sheet, drew on the missing shape & cut it out, then used it as a template to cut the missing shape from clear decal film (one for each side). I then sprayed them Tamiya X-14 sky blue. lightened with some white.

Hope this clearly explains what I mean;

Fish9.jpg

When it came to decalling the palm trees and rear door have to go on top of the blue shape, so I put them on first roughly in position, and the put the big main decal on top right away. It was a bit fiddly as I had to keep lifting the main decal to move the blue shape around into the correct position, but I got there.

Fish10.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 3

Woooohhh.. AWESOME!!!

Howewer I don't like the type 'couse it's boring a little bit for me I saw this colourful BOA decal in the store. But I didn't have any feelpower to built it up at any time!

That's why I'm really happy to see it here (without work) after an another excellent job!

Lovely, nicely, detailed and extraordinary...

Thank you for gladness. Sir!!! :goodjob:

Outstanding, brilliant scheme, well rescued.

wow, very nice , i've seen this on my way back from bangkok to singapore flying beside .........very refreshing to see it in the air.

your decal work s superb , especially around the window ports....good job indeed

Those decals must have taken some work, very nicely done a lovely A320.