Regarding the Aeroplast Draken J-35 in 1/72 scale

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well since some time I been seeing an Aeroplast Drakken J-35 kit in 1/72 scale but only yesterday I read that also include Danish AF decals and since I had wanted to finish one in those markings but now seems right in price and option so I wonder if someone around can have an opinion here

After a careful search at google not able to find a sprue photo or any indication of is origin, I'm careful bacause a couple of weeks I also received a bad feedback from Britmodeller same branch but with harrier kit

Best day

Armando

Aeroplast's Draken is a modified old Revell kit - which is wrongly shaped and with wrong panel lines, wrong decals and also the wrong version for a Danish Draken. It tries to look like the earliest Draken, the J 35A, Danish Drakens, the F-35/RF-35/TF-35 were based on the J 35F which among other differences has a different canopy and exhaust cone.

The only option in 1/72 that is worth building, is the Hasegawa kit, also reissued by Revell (with an Austrian Draken on the box). The only alternative worth considering is Heller, which is OOP, but has Danish decals for both the fighter, recce and trainer version.

However, Hasegawa/Revell is far better and Danish decals can be bought at www.stoppel.dk. The easiest way is to buid an early fighter, which almost can be build OOB, you just have to add a hook. Later Danish Drakens had (among other things) different noses, different fins and larger tanks.

• Like 1