New Viggen in 1/48th: Has this been mentioned before?

Mark

Oh my God... Has there ever been a kit so eagerly anticipated? Not by me, that's for sure! I know where I'll be heading as the doors open in Telford on the 8th November... After a coffee and a bacon roll that is!

Any idea of the retail of this?, wonder if they mean test shots or the full kit boxed ready for sale?

Shaun.

I wondered the same thing. It doesnt actually say it will be for sale at telford...

Oh my God... Has there ever been a kit so eagerly anticipated? Not by me, that's for sure! I know where I'll be heading as the doors open in Telford on the 8th November... After a coffee and a bacon roll that is!

Yes it has - the Italeri F-104 in 1:32 in the more recent past. By me at least. But after the reviwes I decided to wait for AFV, though it has become a bit silent about their Starfighter.

But the Viggen is on my Hannants backorder list since they listed it - so yes I await it even more eagerly than the Starfigher. Hope it will include masks for the splinter scheme (hope - do not really believe it).

Rene

• 4 weeks later...

From Rebell Hobby newsletter (Maestro Models)

Och sist men absolut inte minst! VIGGEN I 1/48
Tarangus har fått första produktionsbatchen! Så nu finns den att beskåda - även om vi tyvärr får ha tålamod till i december, då huvudproduktionen körs. Vi har fått ett fåtal av dem, för att kunna visa upp och trösta alla tålmodiga spekulanter i deras kval.

Translation reads:

And last but not least! VIGGEN in 1/48

Tarangus have received the first production batch! So it's now available to behold - but we have to hold out until December for the main production run. We have a few of them to show up for all patient speculators in their torment of waiting.

/Johan

• Like 1

In the original announcement Tarrangus said the JA will be from them, then MPM does the AJ and SK, and all other versions will be done by Tarrangus so I assume there will be an SF and SH later and possibly the Electronic Warfare version too.

Wonder if they'll do the later upgraded ones that carried the RB 15F anti ship missiles?

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing this at Telford, I'd love to see them do an SF recce bird as well.

Yes, they will. I have seen a few parts, among them the recce nose that looked very nice.

I assume there will be an SF and SH later and possibly the Electronic Warfare version too.

I guess that there will be no separate releases for the SH and 37E. But the only visible difference between the AJ and SH is the camera pod - and I am pretty sure that this one will be released in resin by Maestro Models. And there will probably be photo-etched sets for the 37E electronic warfare version. I know that there will be one for the AJS version.

• Like 1

In the original announcement Tarrangus said the JA will be from them, then MPM does the AJ and SK, and all other versions will be done by Tarrangus so I assume there will be an SF and SH later and possibly the Electronic Warfare version too.

Wonder if they'll do the later upgraded ones that carried the RB 15F anti ship missiles?

Paul Harrison

Yes, they will. I have seen a few parts, among them the recce nose that looked very nice.

I guess that there will be no separate releases for the SH and 37E. But the only visible difference between the AJ and SH is the camera pod - and I am pretty sure that this one will be released in resin by Maestro Models. And there will probably be photo-etched sets for the 37E electronic warfare version. I know that there will be one for the AJS version.

That's great to know guys, I need to start clearing some room in the stash then!

Only just over a week to go! I think my trek to Telford will be solely in order that I can grab one of these! I mean, what else is there coming out that is anywhere near as anticipated as this?

Only just over a week to go! I think my trek to Telford will be solely in order that I can grab one of these! I mean, what else is there coming out that is anywhere near as anticipated as this?

Will they actually be for sale at Telford?

Will they actually be for sale at Telford?

I don't think so. Release is planned to late November/early December from what I have heard. And I think that the first MPM release (AJ 37, I guess) will be in early 2015.

• 3 weeks later...