Blade Runner Spinner

I hadn't intended to spend any money at SmallSpace, honest. Until I saw this. I've always liked the film Bladerunner in all its various versions, and this is such an unusual shape I had to have it.

There's a few issues with the kit; the bulkhead behind the seats overlaps the overhead windows if you let it, there is no tread pattern on the tyres and the overhead monitors in the cabin are missing, so they were scratched from the spares box. There is a photo-etch set available that addresses the bulkhead issue, but I couldn't really justify the expense of that. A bit of tweaking of the bulkhead and some boxing-in of the wheelwells to avoid being able to see daylight through them was all I did on this.

I didn't do any weathering at all, as I couldn't make up my mind whether the 'real' thing would have been washed clean by the constant rain, or totally covered in cr@p due to landing and taking off vertically in the average city gutter.

Unfortunately there are no figures included with the kit, but I've shown it in flying mode because I like the look of it that way. Maybe a diorama will follow...

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

• Like 1

It does seem a shame that there aren't any figures to go with it... seems a bit empty without. Glad to see you built it - I havn't even attempted to get the resin and white metal Eagle Transporter out of the box!

Thanks guys,

Looks good to me , I wish I'd bought one!

I think I had the last one at the show, maybe next time! (I hope there's a next time, Paul, it was a fabulous show, much appreciated).

Looks good :) Which kit is it? I always loved the Spinner, but didn't know it had such a pig ugly behind :S

It's the Fujimi kit, to 1/24 scale. The back end does look horrible, I don't know whether this was the original design or whether it had to be that shape to get the VW engine in there.

It does seem a shame that there aren't any figures to go with it... seems a bit empty without. Glad to see you built it - I havn't even attempted to get the resin and white metal Eagle Transporter out of the box!

I was tempted by the Eagle Transporter as well, until I saw all that white metal flash, do you think it would surrender gracefully to a needlefile or put up a struggle?

Best of luck,

Paul

Great to see the bladerunner kits outs, the spinner has been on my wish list for a long time, hope to pick one up at some time. That's a nice sharp build.

Best Regards,

Paul

I was tempted by the Eagle Transporter as well, until I saw all that white metal flash, do you think it would surrender gracefully to a needlefile or put up a struggle?

Thats the million dollar question isn't it! I would hope so, but goodness knows when I'll get around to building it, there are too many bar-armoured Scimitar 2s and Samsons in my future to accurately predict when I'll get round to building stuff!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...