Airfix 1/48 Bf109 E1/B, II/JG 54

I normally build 1/72 scale stuff but was encouraged to have a go at the quarter scale by Arkady72 so decided to do a tandem build of the Airfix and Hasegawa Bf109 kits.

This is the Airfix offering built OOB but using the Aeromaster BoB Final Throws Pt3 decal sheet. I bit off more than I could chew with the colour scheme but persevered and am happy with the end result.

IMG_01-L.jpg

IMG_02-L.jpg

IMG_03-L.jpg

IMG_05-L.jpg

IMG_06-L.jpg

IMG_08-L.jpg

Paints are Gunze Mr Hobby acrylics.

I've still to add the 50Kg bombs (can someone tell me what colour they should be please?)

• Like 1

That camo scheme really sets it apart, as well as the excellent rendering of it. Beautiful work!

Minor niggle – with fully deployed flaps on the 109, both ailerons also dropped a bit to increase the effect of the flaps.

Nice model!

/Joachim

That camo scheme really sets it apart, as well as the excellent rendering of it. Beautiful work!

Minor niggle – with fully deployed flaps on the 109, both ailerons also dropped a bit to increase the effect of the flaps.

Nice model!

/Joachim

Indeed they do ( 11 degrees IIRC), if you were to look inside the cockpit of the model you'd see that the stick is deflected to Starboard hence the ailerons being in the positions they are. The rudder bar is offset too but the canopy was still masked when I stuck it on so forgot to deflect the rudder!

I bit off more than I could chew with the colour scheme but persevered and am happy with the end result.

IMG_01.jpg

Great scheme. You "Chewed it"!!!!!! Very well done.

Dave.

Edited by Dave Gibson
  • Like 2

Well done on a magnificentjob, brave taking on that scheme but looks like you pulled it off no trouble!

Cheers...

Brave or foolhardy I wasn't sure sometimes and I had lots of trouble but I'm glad you like the end result.