1/48 Roden PC-6 Turbo Porter - AIR AMERICA

Hello guys ..... a question ....

Who does not know the AIR AMERICA movie??

Well I present a PC-6 Air America, the American airline, secretly controlled by the CIA, which has operated in the South-East Asia during the Vietnam War.

The model is in 1/48 scale, the RODEN, quality good, with panels in the negative, and with the decals Air America. I added the rivets, as in the original mold were not present, marking them first with the riveter of Trumpeter, and subsequently ripassandoli one to one with an awl, and after washing with tempering all the panels and rivets were accented.

The base is made of plastic of EDUARD, and after it has been colored, dirty, and washed, was ready to accept the model.

Not happy I bought a can of Tamiya dedicated personnel of World War II, with a surprise inside ..... a beautiful Willys Jeep, not advertised on the cover of the box. With several changes to the sketches and a color in keeping with the Willys, you can make a nice diorama.

Then just add some garbage and Verlinden some cash and you're done.

92715575.jpg

23002424.jpg

39234386.jpg

81644667.jpg

57011710.jpg

21876981.jpg

12650563.jpg

97724275.jpg

15513921.jpg

23026062.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely, very nice job !

Did you use the kit decals for the blue bits or paint them, I ask because I toyed with the idea of doing one, to go with my Peacemaker, but was put off by previous experiences with Roden decals

What a lovely model which brings back some nice memories,.....I made my first ever flight in a Pilatus Turbo Porter which led to my first parachute jump over Netheravon with the Army Sports Parachute Association!

You`ve got the character of the aircraft off to a tee, brilliant,

All the best

Tony O

• Like 1

excellent attention to the details, the flaps especially.......Great weathering, good 'feel' to it !

(no Mel Gibson, in the Diorama ?)