Some recent from Oirish fields in 1/48

Some recently built birds from my kitchen table, built as a part of IPMS Ireland group build commemorating 90th anniversary of Irish Air Corps.

Appologies for the quality of the photos and those watermarks, it's saved that way :banghead:

Bristol F2B, Roden, straight from te box, only one photograph exists and it was taken on Fermoy airfield around 1921:

fermoy_brisfit_1.jpg

fermoy_brisfit_2.jpg

fermoy_brisfit_3.jpg

fermoy_brisfit_4.jpg

Another Roden Bristol has some Part photoetched parts thrown in. This is my interpretation of aircraft operating from Limerick 90 years ago:

limerick_brisfit_1.jpg

limerick_brisfit_2.jpg

limerick_brisfit_3.jpg

limerick_brisfit_4.jpg

And 2 Hasegawa Hurricanes, box builds with Quickboost exhausts, gun barrels on MkIIc and seatbelts from spare box:

hurricane_7.jpg

hurricane_8.jpg

hurricane_9.jpg

hurricane_10.jpg

hurricane_11.jpg

hurricane_12.jpg

• Like 14

Great builds - that RAF F.2B is spectacular! I really am becoming interested in the IAC stuff that's been posted on here lately - thanks for posting these ones too

What a fantastic collection of models, I love the Hurricane`s but the Bristols are just outstanding, the paintwork on the British one is brilliant,

All the best

Tony O

PS- Don`t forget to add the exhausts to your Hurri Mk.I!!

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Cheers guys, doing my bit to promote Irish aviation :winkgrin:

PS- Don`t forget to add the exhausts to your Hurri Mk.I!!

They're on since that photo was taken. As I've said, these are Quickboost ones for Italeri kit - cut off, paint up, glue on - and they were not available at the time of completion.

As for the RAF Brisfit, I now know that the splinter scheme should not be present on the upper wing, but, as usual, you always find out after the paint is done.

Edited by FiSe
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'd better throw in some more old ones, before this thread dies :hanging:

I brought this one with me from our honeymoon in Canada. I got it in Vancouver on the way to the airport and it is the Minicraft kit:
cessna_1_zpsd18aa9c3.jpg
cessna_2_zps926ba8d2.jpg
cessna_3_zps3b214d36.jpg
cessna_1_zpsd18aa9c3.jpg
Not accurate at all and real pain in the hole to build. Classic Airframes Battle TT.1:
battle_1_zpsd0735823.jpg
battle_2_zpscef98bde.jpg
battle_3_zps7322d387.jpg
battle_4_zps9ce46771.jpg

Black Planet's Marchetti was the 1st full resin kit of an aircraft I have ever built. Easy and enjoyable with only a few bits added here and there. The biggest challenge was to scratchbuilt underwing pylons and pods with minimal reference:
marchetti_1_zps0d957516.jpg
marchetti_2_zpscb3a623b.jpg
marchetti_3_zps0ee70d32.jpg
marchetti_4_zpse5158df8.jpg
..another veteran, this was easy kit to build. In fact it was so simple - exactly as the real thing - that I just had to cut it up. When taking it out from the display cabinet, I have noticed a slight deterioration of the Alclad, wonder what went wrong or how long before respray:
magister_1_zps2d9cc74e.jpg
magister_2_zps7cb42d0e.jpg
magister_3_zpscaf12440.jpg
magister_4_zps0d800339.jpg
  • Like 4

Some more beauties there,.....I do like the Battle,....I`ve wanted to build the one with light coloured undersides and nose art for years now and it is nice to see one built.

Cheers

Tony

Ah you shouldn't have resurrected the old thread but put up those of your own!

On the other hand it's great to see the old pictures, particularly the Bristol Fighter in those spectacular colours. I always fancied finishing one in those colours. Particularly as it was based quite near to where I live now. No need now. I have a book illustrating an even more spectacular BF2 .

I also have a book by R W O'Sullivan who actually designed the Irish Celtic boss. He also illustrates three Bristol Fighters of 141 Squadron painted red, white and blue who displayed over Ireland at the time. That would make a great display.

Thanks guys, appreciated... especially when these are a few years old, somehow, have no time to do much in the modelling lately.

Ah you shouldn't have resurrected the old thread but put up those of your own!

On the other hand it's great to see the old pictures, particularly the Bristol Fighter in those spectacular colours. I always fancied finishing one in those colours. Particularly as it was based quite near to where I live now. No need now. I have a book illustrating an even more spectacular BF2 .

I also have a book by R W O'Sullivan who actually designed the Irish Celtic boss. He also illustrates three Bristol Fighters of 141 Squadron painted red, white and blue who displayed over Ireland at the time. That would make a great display.

I know about 2 RAF Brisfits in mad colours flying around Foynes in 1921-22. The one I was trying to make model of and one 'sunburst' machine. Missing the 3rd one.