The first of the aftermarket sets arrived this is the Flight Path set.

I've worked on the undercarriage legs.

I replaced some of the plastic parts with sections of surgical steel tubing and I added etched parts from Flight Path.

The set includes the brake lines, but they were too flat so I used them to act as templates to mahe the lines from lead wire and plastic card.

On the nose wheel I also replaced the main oleo with a bit of steel rod.

Vulcan19.jpg

The Flight Path set includes upper and lower air brakes.

I have started on the upper set by cuting away the area on the kit and adding the surrounding frame work:

Vulcan21.jpg

As the Vulcan is a tail sitter, I added some lead in the nose:

Vulcan22.jpg

Now you know why I've beefed up the under carriage with steel rod and tubing!

Thanks for looking.

As the Vulcan is a tail sitter, I added some lead in the nose:

Vulcan22.jpg

Now you know why I've beefed up the under carriage with steel rod and tubing!

Thanks for looking.

I know what you mean about being a tail sitter. As I am making mine as a K2, so with this, Two mikes U/C bay set and the Freightdog resin exhausts it needed a lot more wieght than I first though. To cope with this I have bought the SAC metal U/C, and hope that this does not collapse on me.

Looking good though by the way, I may add some of the pipe work that you have done onto mine.

Have completed the undercarriage.

I added Flightpath's rims to the wheelss.

Main units:

Vulcan23.jpg

Vulcan24.jpg

Nose gear:

Vulcan25.jpg

I changed my mind on the interior and just glued the canopy in the place.

I replaced the wind screen with Flightpath's etched item with acetate glazing:

Vulcan26.jpg

And finally for this update, I made a new terrain following radar fairing by turning a left over lump of Milliput on my mini drill.

It gives a symetrical item with the correct profile:

Vulcan27.jpg

Thanks for looking.

This project is coming along nicely. I know what you mean about the interior, as I have not done anything with mine just added a little detail to the seats as this is all that can be really seen through the canopy.

I really like what you are doing with the Vulcan, have to agree that the wheels look great. Have you ever thought about scratch building the bomb bay? Always felt it was beyond my skill level but when ever i have seen it done they always look excellent and really transform this kit.

Kevin

Thanks for all the comments and support, they're greatly appreciated.

I'm still waiting on some parts I've ordered from Wolf Pack Design, so the pace has slowed a bit.

Have you ever thought about scratch building the bomb bay? Always felt it was beyond my skill level but when ever i have seen it done they always look excellent and really transform this kit.

Kevin

I did think about it but White Ensign are due to release an etched bomb bay, so maybe on my next one!

• 4 weeks later...

The rest of the after market parts have finally arrived!

Wolfpack Design's wheel bay set and their Vulcan update set:

Vulcan31.jpg

The largest bit of resin in the update set is a new tail cone, featuring very fine detail;

Vulcan32.jpg

The main undercarriage bays are beautifully detailed;

Vulcan29.jpg

A lot of chopping about of the kit is required;

Vulcan28.jpg

But the end result is worth the surgery;

Vulcan30.jpg

They also give you a very nice nose wheel bay, a great improvement all round, on the kit;

Vulcan33.jpg

Should be able to cement the body and wing all together very soon.

Watch this space!

• Like 1

The rest of the after market parts have finally arrived!

Wolfpack Design's wheel bay set and their Vulcan update set:

Vulcan31.jpg

The largest bit of resin in the update set is a new tail cone, featuring very fine detail;

Vulcan32.jpg

The main undercarriage bays are beautifully detailed;

Vulcan29.jpg

A lot of chopping about of the kit is required;

Vulcan28.jpg

But the end result is worth the surgery;

Vulcan30.jpg

They also give you a very nice nose wheel bay, a great improvement all round, on the kit;

Vulcan33.jpg

Should be able to cement the body and wing all together very soon.

Watch this space!

Nice work. I got the wheel bays for mine from Two Mikes, and they do look very similar, but do improve those areas very much.

Fuselage, wings and tale all stuck together:

Vulcan34.jpg

Vulcan35.jpg

Loads of sanding to make the seems disappear means I'll have to re do the panel lines I has scribed :weep:

Vulcan36.jpg

Vulcan37.jpg

Work well under way now!

Looking really nice there! I love the added detail, particularly on the landing gear, which really do look the part. How did you dind the fit of the intakes into the wing halves? Last time I built one of these, I ended up needing a fair bit of filler as there was a gap between the lip of the intake and the trunking itself (I forget whether this was at the top or the bottom, now).

How did you dind the fit of the intakes into the wing halves? Last time I built one of these, I ended up needing a fair bit of filler as there was a gap between the lip of the intake and the trunking itself (I forget whether this was at the top or the bottom, now).

It just doesn't fit!

Loads of filler and sanding required;

Vulcan38.jpg

and then more filling and more sanding!

It's always great to watch how people here approach their builds and adapt or fabricate new parts to replace poorly modeled kit parts, there's always something new to learn, a wonderful build, thanks.

• Like 1

Amazing Job, i'm following with proud. I was looking for some Vulcan build using these new Wolfpack series, and finally found. The wheel bay resin sets are awesome. I'd like to see Wolpack producing a resin set of bomb bay.