actually, the engines can only be painted white (see Air India etc). You can apply logos on them, but nocolours, as they are made out of a special material. Boeing is working on a new paint to be able to apply airline's colors onto the engines. This should have an EIS of 2014. (so, if BAW gets theirs later, then:blue, before 2014: white)

I think BAW is going the same way as many other Airlines, they'll paint at least one in a special livery

the easiest B787 to paint, is the Ethiopian..... there is only the tail and then still the "ETHIOPIAN" ... (everything makable with decals)

oh, ah, and, they also have a black (not white) registration :)

but, I am curious to see that 787 in BAW colors :)

• 2 weeks later...

all of which is why it's better to wait until one, or better several, actually go into regular service..

then you'll know what colour is what

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with blue, you might see other colours if the aircraft have got loan items on it if bits have broken. Its quite common to see different coloured cowlings/intakes if items have been removed and replaced with loaned items.

BA's website currently shows white engines for the 787 - http://www.britishairways.com/travel/press-office-images-aircraft/public/en_gb.

Boeing just say engine nacelles are to be 'single colour' for laminar flow reasons. QATAR 787s have grey engines, so BA's could still be blue.

Safest bet is to wait until the aircraft are delivered.

Tim