Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer

How do chaps,

Made a start on this beastie today...

006-44.jpg

Not sure yet if i'll be going with the Multi-Bolters or the Heavy Flamers as weapons fit.

I am going to be painting up the interior and leaving all hatches open so it can be seen, which is something i don't usually do. But, i like the whats on offer on the inside! :)

All interior bits were undercoated in Chaos Black from a rattle can. Tamiya XF55 Deack Tan was then sprayed on over this.

Pics are a bit rough due to a bit of a rush job with the camera! :blush: ones to follow will be better!

005-56.jpg

004-55.jpg

003-62.jpg

002-61.jpg

001-56.jpg

Hopefully all the detail will 'jump out' when painted up :hmmm:

I've been watching some videos on Youtube by a chap called www.BuyPainted.com His video tutorials on all things Warhammer are amazing! Check 'em out

More to follow as work progresses.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do chaps,

Interior painted up with Games Workshop paints & washes. Also used some Tamiya for the blu, red and orange.

001-57.jpg

003-63.jpg

004-56.jpg

006-45.jpg

007-39.jpg

Main hull components assembled, could have done with two more pairs of hands for this, was a fiddly and faffy job trying to get all square! :blink2: I'm happy that enough of the interior can be seen through the various hatches that i've left 'openable'

008-31.jpg

009-21.jpg

011-17.jpg

010-19.jpg

Various openings masked off and weapon sponson made up and dry fitted. Gotta love a flame thrower!! :jump_fire:

012-14.jpg

013-11.jpg

Various other bits and bobs to fit and then its ready for the paint pot!

Regards,

Steve

have you thought about using rare earth magnets in the sponsens ? going to keep an eye on this one as getting back into 40K my self. grate work so far looks like its going to be a good kit.... not having made any GW tanks in years do the still have the same bad fit with thick panels that i seem to remember?

That interior is gorgeous mate. I absolutely love the rusting on the floor. I made one of these many years ago,it never got finished but i remember painting the interior black. It looked horrible haha. But this looks fantastic, keep up the good work. Keeping an eye on this one

Many thanks for the comments chaps, most encouraging!

have you thought about using rare earth magnets in the sponsens ? going to keep an eye on this one as getting back into 40K my self. grate work so far looks like its going to be a good kit.... not having made any GW tanks in years do the still have the same bad fit with thick panels that i seem to remember?

Aye up Fire-fox,

I've seen quite a few GW kits with magnets for sponson and weapon changes, great way to have a choice. As I only build the kits and not game then its not something i'd consider, As regards the kits them selves... great! Good fit and nice details. They re-tooled a lot of them a few years back. Give em a go, you won't be disapointed. Shocked at the price yes, but disapointed no! :analintruder:

Have had a busy day with this today. Got all the final bits and pieces fitted and prepped up for painting.

004-57.jpg

005-57.jpg

Also decided on the sponsons weapons fit, Storm Bolters in one and the big flamer in the other. The bolters have had their barrels drilled out.

003-64.jpg

002-62.jpg

All bits prepped up for paint.

001-58.jpg

Another coat of matt black applied (Tamiya)

006-46.jpg

Decided to go with a two tone green scheme. First green sprayed on. Tamiya Japanese Navy Green No 2 if I recall.

007-40.jpg

Masked up and ready for top coat of Japanese Army Green.

009-22.jpg

Jap Army green on. This took quite a bit of time, due to all the nooks and crannies on the model!

011-18.jpg

012-15.jpg

013-12.jpg

Tamiya Yellow Green was added to the mix and misted on over panet tops etc.

014-8.jpg

015-4.jpg

Masking was taken off to reveal the other shade of green. Not too sure about this tho, so a I might go with another shade! Had some major problems whilst putting this down with the airbrush spluttering and farting about. Had to do TWO full strip downs to sort it out. Very nearly came in and bought an Iwata over the net. I use a Badger 150 and 100, which whilst they are great brushes, they can be a bit fickle at times and need stripping after every use, which is a right pain! :angry:

016-5.jpg

017-2.jpg

Next up will be some detail painting and final assembly before weathering can commence! :bye:

Regards,

Steve

How do chaps,

Been having a fertle this evening. Used my new Iwata neo on this and i love it!!!! :guitar:

003-65.jpg

I wasn't overly happy with the darker shade of green. So I decided to go over it with Vallejo British Bronze Green. Used straight from the bottle into the small colour cup and WOW! This stuff is fantastic. What have I been missing all these years! :doh:

002-63.jpg

Also decided to paint the fuel tanks on the sponson flamer in Tamiya Red Brown to add a bit of interest. Tanks masked up.

001-59.jpg

And all painted up. The tiny ammounts of paint you can put in the Neo and it will still spray is amazing!

004-58.jpg

I'm really looking forward to squirting some more paint through it. Clean up is an absolute doddle, unlike my badger 150 (which i'm still fond of) :rolleyes:

More to follow soon,

Regards,

Steve

How do chaps,

Looking great, is it Dark Angels chapter?

Antony

Thanks Antony. Nope no particular chapter, I just like it green!! :winkgrin:

Got the model glossed and decal'd up today. Used same old Tamiya sheet as my last GW buils. Guess i must like red numbers! :bounce:Also used some GW decals which are pretty :shit: to be honest. Very thick and you need to use a load of Set & Sol for them to settle.

004-60.jpg

005-60.jpg

006-48.jpg

007-42.jpg

008-34.jpg

009-24.jpg

010-22.jpg

016-7.jpg

Also been playing with this one too... :rolleyes:

002-65.jpg

painted in Tamiya XF60 Dark Yellow. Lighter panel picked out in Tamiya XF4 Yellow Green. Decals also used from old sheet as above. Looks a bit Afrika Korps. If scheme goes well, I'll use it on a Tamiya Pz III Ausf N that I've got in stash. Never did have much luck with desert schemes, so this will be practice!

013-14.jpg

011-20.jpg

012-16.jpg

014-10.jpg

And a shot of the two together. Man that Crusader is HUGE!!! :blink:

015-6.jpg

Weathering next!

More to follow soon,

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers

• 3 months later...

Blimey, this took some finding. Can't believe its 3 months since I last posted or did any work on this!

See they've been buggering about with photobucket again!

Sprayed with various Games Workshop Washes and Graveyard Earth. A few quick snaps for now...

011-21_zps92718bd3.jpg

010-23_zpsbbe438cf.jpg

009-25_zps441f7c81.jpg

008-36_zps98401149.jpg

007-44_zps4c7b10da.jpg

Still a fair bit more to do with drybrushing and washes etc. Hope to get some more done tomorrow before i'm back at work Xmas Day & Boxing Day :shithappens:

More soon (hopefully in less than 3 months this time! :whistle: )

Regards,

Steve

Great work Steve.

I see you have been away for sometime,'well thats normal lol'.

Nice to see you have still got the nack for great work my friend.

I like the build and even if it is not my style it fits the picture in enjoying the build. :thumbsup::coolio:

• 2 weeks later...

Great work Steve.

I see you have been away for sometime,'well thats normal lol'.

Nice to see you have still got the nack for great work my friend.

I like the build and even if it is not my style it fits the picture in enjoying the build. :thumbsup::coolio:

Aye up foxy.

Yep, that me alright. Months of no modelling activity! :shrug:

Just about done and some pics in RFI.

Regards,

Steve