- The monster of the fjords

- This scene is supposed to have taken place somewhere in a Norvegian fjord in 1942.

-The model is the MPM resin kit in 48 as usual for me and some Tamiya adding and some other things and figures

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

• Like 2

That's really interesting and lifelike; how did you do the water? Is it a sheet of glass, and if so did you cut the kits down to the waterline? Very impressive anyway, and I'd like to pinch your idea for a Sunderland I'm going to build.

• Like 1

That's really interesting and lifelike; how did you do the water? Is it a sheet of glass, and if so did you cut the kits down to the waterline? Very impressive anyway, and I'd like to pinch your idea for a Sunderland I'm going to build.

- For the water I used synthetic glass painted on the smooth side, the rough one being turned upward to have a shiny effect,.this material is far more easy to cut than true glass so I cut the shape of the hull and those of the schwimmwagen, they were scealed with "silicone" (I don't know if this word is correct in English) which gives a foam and waves effect around the hulls.

- For the water I used synthetic glass painted on the smooth side, the rough one being turned upward to have a shiny effect,.this material is far more easy to cut than true glass so I cut the shape of the hull and those of the schwimmwagen, they were scealed with "silicone" (I don't know if this word is correct in English) which gives a foam and waves effect around the hulls.

Thanks, I'll try that. Much less hassle than the old plaster and PVA technique!

Thanks, I'll try that. Much less hassle than the old plaster and PVA technique!

-You only have to choose which kind of "wave" fit at best the subject you want to built, another advantage of this glass is that it gives a depth look like, impossible to get with plaster.

Wow, what a super build, so many things to like about it, not the least of which is the water & the method used to acheive this, really good tips & easy to see it works so well. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

Your attention to detail is really spot on through every part of your build. I especially like your idea of adding figures, water and waves for a

more realistic approach. It was also a nice touch to have schwimmwagens floating in the water. A very well planned tribute.

Congrats to you and Tomy for another wonderful build.

Belle

• Like 1