-A bunch of SUKHOI- Kit bashing - 1/48

- As I wrote on my post of " The elephant graveyard " this diorama was the result of a kit bashing with Flagon and Fitters to get a Su 9 and Su 11 Fishpot, here they are:

-Sorry for the bent landing gear of the Su 9

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7699.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg

-And now the Su 11

IMG_7684.jpg

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7674.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

Edited by IPMS19
  • Like 2

Beautiful finish, lovely work.

Would love to see a build thread for these. The Kazan conversions, if you can find one, are overly expensive. Your builds are great.

A lovely pair there, great to see some soviet steel!

Love to see the build too

- I didn't make "work in progress" for these models, the main job was to adapt the Su 7 fuselage to Su 15 Flagon A wings and landing gear, the span has to be augmented by 4 milimeters at roots,some modifications had to be made around the fin too, the cockpit has to be moved rearward and a new nose had to be created for the 11 ,using an Airfix Lightning radar cone, plans came from of an old L & K Kosmonautica, for the cockpit I used Noemega items. As far as I remember this kit bashing was not very difficult except for the nose of the 11 which is a block of resin moulded in a photofilm canister and hollowed at nose end. That all, I can say, if you really want these models on your shelves just to it, it is very fun and really rewarding and I took a great pleasure during their building and once again it is not very dificult