F-35B Lightning II - 1:48 Kitty Hawk

Mike

AM bits will come to solve this surely.

Regards

I agree its a bit of a 'first world problem.' Just considering the completeness of the kit the inclusion of at least the unique gun pod would've been a home run!

Could also be a case that they didn't have enough good data on the gunpod yet to do it in plastic. I presume that the timescales on this sort of kit are more than a couple of months. The gunpod is less than a year old. And, as people have said, aftermarket people will sell a few of them in a couple of years, once the USMC is seen flying with them.

I do plan to get a F-35B sometime.

Regards,

Gerard

• 6 years later...

I am a bit late to the party, but I just received mine yesterday. Great review, I will keep returning to the review for guidance when I begin the build.

My only complaint would be the raised panel lines, in every photo I have seen so far, they don't appear to be rasied at all, in fact, they appear to be a V shaped concave seam. Also, I wonder how I can achieve the golden tint the real birds have on the canopy, which I understand has more to do with making the cockpit stealthy over giving the pilot some sun shade.

To me, and this might sound crazy, but I can see a version of this with no clear canopy at all, since the pilot flies using the cameras and sensors projected onto a screen inside the helmet, there is no reason to have a canopy. Maybe pilots just arent ready to fly without the visual cues they are used too?

Anyway, great review. I plan to build a A and C version later on down the road. In fact, since I am basically a beginner again, I might shelve this and build the other, less complex versions first.

Cheer, Anthony "stalker6recon"

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Can't seem to find a version 2.0 or 3.0 for love nor money. Are there no UK vendors taking them in? I was hoping to build my version 1.0 in a retro scheme like an original white/grey Shar.1 of 800 Sqn and get a version 2.0 or 3.0 as a modern RN bird using the new decals included. I feel a grump coming on... :wall:

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 10:23 PM, Nocoolname said:

Can't seem to find a version 2.0 or 3.0 for love nor money. Are there no UK vendors taking them in? I was hoping to build my version 1.0 in a retro scheme like an original white/grey Shar.1 of 800 Sqn and get a version 2.0 or 3.0 as a modern RN bird using the new decals included. I feel a grump coming on... :wall:

Are you sure thst every store updares their profict dedcription when KH usesvthe same kit number? KH80102... 

Not the smartest move KH! Probably I'd ask Hannants directly!

Edited by exdraken

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, Nocoolname said:

Version 2.0 and 3.0?? Any chance of a bit more information. I have the original which has challenging fit issues was this improved?

16 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Version 2.0 and 3.0?? Any chance of a bit more information. I have the original which has challenging fit issues was this improved?

Not aware of any changes to the main plastic. From what I gather the main change was around the decals with new schemes including British though there may also have been updates to the ordinance and the PE set. My main interest was in the new UK decals though if Caracal include something similar in their new set I'll just get another version 1.0 kit. 

• Thanks 1

• Julien locked this topic