1/24th Blackburn Buccaneer S2B, 208 squadron

I have it on good authority that weathering will

be coal dust leaking from the bunkers.

There's an idea, General, Old fruit basket.

Display her with a sack of coal & a shovel

leaning against the mainwheel.

see how many people get the joke!

No sleep tonight. My turn digging in the tunnel.

We're almost to Jeddah, But we've hit an oil seam!

Cheers chaps, Rob well played sir.....not thought of the pigeon guano idea, mind you in fairness I don't think the 208 Buccs hung around long enough for my Speckled Jim to carry out any of his avian dirty tricks .....

Pete, you've gorn and spoiled the surprise now ..... a steampunk Buccaneer would have been a splendid machine !

'Your turn digging the tunnel'...good lord man must be fun digging in all that free running sand with a distinct chance of cave in.........still no one would know where you'd come from and no problem as to where to put all the soil you've so diligently excavated..

Almost to Jeddah eh, turn left at the lights and head down King Abdul Aziz road onto Hamad El Jaser then meet me at the bar of the Old Fakhirs hotel off Flip-flop street, I'll wear a pink carnation and a wide smile, as for the oil seam, like the Maginot line business just go around the blasted thing...see you in Dakar !!

• Like 2

Sorry General, I'm afraid I won't be at Brunty this time either. Me and the Cobra are booked to do the Coventry Festival of Motoring run that day. Can't get out of it - this isn't the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps, you know! You'll have to get a lift from young Bob Parkhurst, as usual.

A delicious plump-breasted pigeon doing his business on your plane has already been thought of - I did it on my Starfighter Museum Exhibit if you remember. Try to replicate that, and I'll have you for copyright infringement, and not even Bob Massingbird will be able to get you off. You'll have to think up something original, and show the world that you have more artistic ability than a cluster of colour blind hedgehogs in a bag...

"Riveting read"... good one Rob.

Keep it up, mate,

Dean

• Like 1

Perhaps as a bit of fun you could make a 1/24TH scale Speckled Jim to park next to the Bucc which looks like it will be your "Magnificent Octopus", Stood there with a sly grin on his face ready to drop his avian bombs on your bomber.

I dare say you could paint the Archer Rivets gloss black and fit them as Speckled Jims eye's, They are bound to do the right size !

Thanks chaps, progress is a little slow as i'm trying to fit it in between builds but it's getting there.

!

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU TODAY DARLING!

Now General are you just using the 'between builds' malarkey as a excuse because a lorry load of paperclips arrived?

If you don't hurry up with this build then I'm going to get Captain Darling to pump you thoroughly in the debriefing room.

Although at the end of the day I know your just as same as I am... Meeeehhhhhh!

And I thought those pics of the undercarriage doors were CAD!

Well by Odins underpants I think that's damn inconvenient of you master flyer !, I see I'll have to get someone else to carry my feathery hat.......

You'll have to get a lift from young Bob Parkhurst, as usual.

What !!...in his/her horribly abused 1916 Austin Flangebucket...again !...Gods potatoes George I'll have to see if I can Darling to prise hin/her orf Flasheart for the duration.........as for Messing bird and infringements, well if he can get big, butch Oscar off then anythings possible..I'll take me chances young fella.

Robert, a few pages back I showed a photo of the airbrake where I traced the rivet lines out using a few photos that I took then transferred these over to the resin. The lines had to be drawn roughly by hand due to the complex curve but they were useful as guides, from there it's easy :doh: .

AimeesDad,..... two lorry loads actually ....and you can't threaten me with Darling pumping me thoroughly in the debriefing room......he's busy at an interview with a potty on his head, a cocker spaniel called Fido and a pair of flowery baps.....he wont be pumping anyone for quite a while now.....

Just ordered my third sheet of Archers rivets so that I can get these blasted airbrakes finished...luckily there are quite a few left over so that I can at least make a start on the elevators, (just as well the pronounced rivets are isolated to the rear end and flying surfaces or the poor old Paypal account wouldn't know what's hit it ! :shutup: ).

• Like 1

Massingbird didn't get big bearded butch bonking Oscar off...he had him sent down for being a whoopsie! My mother always said to never trust a man with a beard, Sir...

Dean

A letter to General mad as a mad thing with a serious mad illness Melchett....

Dear General Sah

Sorry for my late response to your last orders,but regretably i have to inform your Generalship the suicidal eleven,those proud men in their pink underwear who bravely marched onto the field in a friendly game of footie to relieve the boredom of life on the front(and under your direct orders) are no more....those sneaky boche were ready and waiting sah,your tactics of walking very slowly towards the huns goal proved to be woefully inept,our star striker Percy "oh what a lovely pair"Gascoigne bought a packet first,he tripped on some barbed wire and landed on Captain Darlings bayonett which Darling in true and proper hooligan fashion had thrown at the huns whilst screaming "come and have a go if you think your hard enough" our keeper David"get a flaming haircut"Seaman copped it next he jumped to catch the ball and lost his head to a low flying Hun Fokker...one by one the brave eleven fell,Bobby"Pele never got past me"Moore and David"im really rather good you know"Beckham were lost to the half time oranges (supplied by Pvt Baldrick) so dont ask! by the 90 minute there was only myself,your carrier pigeon,Baldrick, Darling and capt Backadder left...Blackadder was the ref,Darling by this time totally intoxicated and was stood at the Huns trench pants round his ankles shouting the Kaiser is a big fat girlie,Baldrick was painting a picture depicting the scene, unfortunatly it just resembled his breakfast! The outcome was total humiliation sah they won 60-1 moral is lower than Baldricks I,Q,please send reinforcements sah as im trying to organise a Cricket match,we will show the huns what for with that one sah i mean, whoever heard of a German cricket team!

yours with deepest contempt

Pvt Baldbob

P.S wonderful work with those rivets,patience of a saint id say!

Edited by The Crusty one

Massingbird didn't get big bearded butch bonking Oscar off...he had him sent down for being a whoopsie!

Very true young Flyer, a 'whoopsie' of my own, ill thought out whilst battling with my moustache hammock ............it won !

Baldbob......60-1, all dead bar you few...well it could have been worse,..............apparently whilst wondering around the hun trench with his trousers at half mast and sucking his thumb Darling poo pooed them, they poo pooed him, he poo pooed them back and before you knew it there was poo poo flying everywhere and oh dear the whole match lost........because of poo poo..

A cricket match eh ..good idea Baldbob, catch the hun totally orf guard...we have about 85,000 men to choose from so I'm sure we'll find a decent bowler and leg man in there somewhere !, Darling could play ridiculously silly mid on, Lieutenant George stupid leg gully-gosh, young Bobby Parkhurst square, wide, right on, long, short, straight, very fine leg, Captain Slackbladder, heavily armed wicket keeper, and Baldrick can be the stumps...ah yes, splendid I see we have the nucleus of a fine team.........apparently they may field those old stalwarts Raif Von Illingwurt and Ingamar Bottom, (I'll have Baldrick supply the Germans half time refreshments to ensure ultimate victory !).

Well not much will be done today sadly as I have orders from the front.....paint the bathroom or risk certain death by summary nagging !...a truly awful way to go....

• Like 1

A cricket match with the Huns! Hooray, General! Nothing better to teach those awful Prussians (and Bavarians, and Thuringians, etc.) a thing or two about sportsmanship, or something. Mind you, though, I wouldn't have the match in a minefield - a very bad idea! Ask me how I know (although to be honest, with a casualty rate of only 80%, it was rather safer than some of Sir Doug's brilliant counteroffensives).

Yours etc.,

Jason

P.S. About that young Bob Parkhurst, I have to admit I'm starting to have my doubts about him. From Dorking, indeed! Obviously a Lake Country man if I ever heard one!

Edited by Learstang

We're drifting again chaps, there's a bl**dy Buccaneer getting held up with all this idle chit chat. Pay attention at the front :lol:

We want Bucc, We want Bucc, We want Bucc...(etc ad infinitum)...... ;)

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

Rogers is Alive?

This prevarication won't save the Universe any time soon!

Oh, Sorry, Got confused. Wrong thread.

Ahem, I'd just like to point out that in my day I was

a bit of a demon riveter and could flatten them in like nobodies business.

Many an airframe had a warm glow thanks to me.

Of course a lot of them got scrapped since....

• Like 1

Thanks you kindly folks, the long awaited final push may be on now as Historex kindly sent my order through today and I received the third installment of rivets so that I can get on and finish the blasted airbrakes and elevators without further incidence, (and angle thereof). I agree that there has been a serious drift away from the subject matter and will bring the matter up at the next general dinner and dance being held in the officers latrines sometime in the dim and distant so have no fear I and the other members, Alan the tortoise, Graham the slug, Katie the worm and Neville the fat hamster will thrash something out and if we can't come to a decision then at least I'll have the makings of a particularly tasty stew........Darling have the wok put on standby !!

Jason, the match is on...I agree about the minefield so thought I'd change the venue to the artillery proving ground but with an added bonus........mustard gas !...smoke the bu**ers out !....(like to see Jerries out field skills in a slit trench donning his respirator !) As for Bob Parkhurst, Isle of Wight man......father used to break wind for the prison service.......

We're drifting again chaps, there's a bl**dy Buccaneer getting held up with all this idle chit chat. Pay attention at the front :lol:

Hear, hear Neil...it was the big boys at the back of the class wot made me do it sir !....honest !

Without the wish to cause any offence I would just like to say that you lot are bonkers.

Madam I regard it as a single honour that you should make such a wild accusation !......what evidence have you ?, ...... with the exception of everything that's been said and done here by myself and everyone else little or none whatsoever !!........my brief will be in touch with you, in fact I'll send a whole trouser...... bearrrrrgh

Steve, barracking from the rear of the class will not help in this instance....payment by cheque of course is a different matter....

Saudi Pete, I'm confused,

a bit of a demon riveter and could flatten them in like nobodies business.

I had heard this about you....but I thought you'd overcome the problem now and they were dropping the charges !

Many an airframe had a warm glow thanks to me.

Of course a lot of them got scrapped since....

Two part question...1), were you working for us or the opposition ? and 2) Was this whilst they were still in service or after ?.....

Brain,

That's the most sensible thing that's been said on this topic for about 20 pages..!

I think 20 pages is being wildly optimistic sir .........just look at the first one..............it was always going to go downhill from there !

Sorry no modelling at the mo, back on monday......apparently weekends are model free zones...but of course this rule doesn't extend to the mems house decorating requirements which very conveniently expanded from the bathroom to the rather large conservatory and hall way and I'm sure will include the out houses before the day is out...........damn devious these women folk wallers, watch em !!!

• Like 2

Oh dear, General! It does seem rather that the natives are getting quite restless, as it were. They evidently want to see some actual work being done on your actual scale representation model thingy! Awfully impertinent of them, if I may say so. Why without all this mindless banter, what would be the point? Speaking of mindless banter, I do think the mustard gas is a master stroke; do make sure our chaps have their respirators, though, terribly hard to see the wickets after a bit of exposure to mustard gas I'm told. As far as young Parkhurst being from the Isle of Wight, strangely (very strangely) enough I seem to remember a Roberta Parkhurst from Shanklin - possibly a distant relation? At any rate, I suppose you should post some daguerreotypes of your model just to keep the folks here from shutting the whole blasted thread down! Dreadfully prickly lot, aren't they?

Bestest Regards,

Pvt. (formerly AVM) Moore

Without the wish to cause any offence I would just like to say that you lot are bonkers.

Thank you

Hi Danni, is bonkers not a requirement of belonging to forum?

Colin

Rad, now just where is your Bucc young fella ?, don't give me this 'too busy working hard for a living ' malarky !....thanks, plenty more damn rivets to come soon......by the way are you coming to the next Bruntingthorpe Cold War day at the end of the month ?...(lots to discuss over an overpriced cardiacburger and chips).

Onward into battle...

Melchie (sitting on the halfway line with the fat, wheezy boys and a letter for matron)...

I'm currently changing work around building Jen an office and building a work space for me so hopefully I can take my models into work and dabble during the quiet periods as I have no time what so ever when I get in..

He-111 is being fettled from time to time, but not enough.

Great work on the rivets too, they look superb! :)

General Sah!

Has anyone said that this is a right riveting read?No? Right then, this is a right riveting read.

Talking of Germans and cricket, I remember "Test Pilot" on the BBC in the 80's. At the end of one episode there was the traditional Instructor v Student match. Part of the ritual was not telling the 'foreigners' how to play the game.

The German was seen walking to the crease all padded up wondering what on earth to do.

Rumour has it that there is a Buccaneer around here somewhere.

Trevor

Right well I've managed to finish the mem's decorating chores...hope she like the bathroom in RAF dark sea grey and dark green, goes nicely with the LAG hallway and trainer yellow kitchen.....................makes a pleasant change from all that magnolia nonsense !

AVMRIP Moore, true...I'd better crack on with some 'work' I spose, ...

Roberta Parkhurst from Shanklin

'Shanks', 'Parkhurst', what are you trying to tell me man...are you trying to escape from the front ?.......get back to your dug out and write out...'I'll be a good boy from here on in'

oh and leave your underpants and the pencils on the desk !!

Radders,

I'm currently changing work around building Jen an office and building a work space for me so hopefully I can take my models into work and dabble

Good Heavens man, do the prison governors know what you have planned ?...........

Talking of Germans and cricket, I remember "Test Pilot" on the BBC in the 80's. At the end of one episode there was the traditional Instructor v Student match. Part of the ritual was not telling the 'foreigners' how to play the game.
The German was seen walking to the crease all padded up wondering what on earth to do.

Ah ha, yes I remember that too Trevor...always find a way to gain the upper hand...mind you they'd pick it up pretty quickly...lanky bloke flings a hard lump of leather at you.....you respond by trying take avoiding action and hitting it as hard as you can with a long plank of willow that someones thoughtfully provided you with...then when you hit it run like bu*****y from one bunch of white sticks to the other til someone shouts..stop or Out !!...no one knows quite why but there's not much to it really. Mind you they got there own back in a few other small ways, football, Formula 1, tennis, cars, electronics, efficiency........just about everything else really......but by George they can't lose as well as we can........no sir, we have 'em there !

Keef and Steve...she's already gorn by...low level eh.....now that's the way to travel !

Just follow the Spey smoke trail..........If you can keep up :)

Ah, coal fired Speys eh......not so sure old Keefy could keep up these days, but he'd have a damn good go :winkgrin: ..

Anyhoo back to the model..................funny, could have sworn there was one here a minute ago :shrug: ....

I've managed to finish the other airbrake as well as both inner faces...and almost gone blind in the process, I'm sure the old eyes will return to some semblance of normality at some point. There are rivets all over the gaff now, leading edge of outer wings, tailplane etc...used the third set up and I'm not adding any more !

DSC_0484_zps0b3e20fd.jpg

DSC_0487_zps2e0b507e.jpg

The elevators have been given the once over too,

DSC_0492_zpsb72797a8.jpg

The larger spine mounted aerial has its base plate fitted, this will be sanded into the fuselage spine as per the real thing,

DSC_0489_zps68b21869.jpg

And the hook bay side plates have been added....I still have to detail the inside of the bay and make the brass hinge joint so that the hook can deploy and stow.

DSC_0495_zps4635d39a.jpg

Just a small thing but I also added small plates either side of the rear fuselage, again these will be filled and sanded into the surface. Also added a double length of small rivets down the outside of the rudder line.

DSC_0493_zps4ae46f73.jpg

Finally riveted the underside actuator plates, (the actual actuator is only blu tacked on hence the slightly skew whiff angle)....

The next big job will be sanding the area around the rear underwing joint, (just ahead of the flap where the outer wing meets the inner section...should be fun !)....

DSC_0494_zpsff1b0242.jpg

• Like 6