1/24th Blackburn Buccaneer S2B, 208 squadron

General Melchie Sahh

with further reference to the matter of my parentage,i humbly inform his Sahhness i now should be refered to as private Baldbob and your tea is getting cold i have tried to rehead it in my armpit but i think a new form of life has sprung out of your mug Sahh!

Righto...Baldbob it is then, (though I have a sneaking suspicion that Rick Darling or Bald Darling may be more appropriate !), hey ho.............as for reheating my mug of tea I'll get Darling to rub it vigorously for a bit that usually does the trick, oh and that new form of life growing out of my mug just so happens to be my bushy moustache by thunder......

Pete...for goodness sake don't encourage him, the powerful hallucinogens that I planted in his filets mignon will kick in soon enough ! :wicked:

Houston, if the Mem had the slightest inkling of a hareem here in the batcave then my life wouldn't be worth that of an asthmatic Harrowvian fullback whose left his machine gun on the kitchen table !, doesn't bear thinking about, I would be hoisted by my own Pathan !

Jaldi seh yea kamkaj pura kardo nah!!!

I don't know what you just said but by Golly it sure sounds sexy !

In reply all I can say is....'Una masharubu sexy sana, naomba kula!'........... yes that should do it !!

As for the Bucc, vague memories of building one of those ?......I haven't had the time to crack on with any further work but all things being equal and if things don't change they'lll stay the same, etc I'll hopefully will have the cockpit detail finished by the fifth innings and close of play Sunday....

Stay tuned good people...

Melchett...

• Like 3

Love Blackadder too and buccs , but it would not be a Genral Melchett build without a good divergence off topic. So far this one has not seemed to blow that far when compared to the Bison build. I dare say something random will occur before he gets it primed lol.

I'm waiting for it now.....

:)

Edited by robvulcan

I say, what's modelling compared to such charming banter between such smashing chaps! Think I'll give it a shot! So am I to understand it that the good General had a go at the Avro Bison? Lovely aeroplane that, surpassed only in pulchritude by the angelic, nay divine Blackburn Blackburn. Sadly I haven't been able to procure a Bison, but I did get my grubby little mitts on the Blackburn Blackburn. If it were a proper injection-moulded kit, instead of one of those infernal vacu-fiddlythingies it would be well on its way to being 95 per cent done, at which time it would be laid down beside the Pinot Grigio for some proper ageing (10 years for the Pinot Grigio, and I suppose 5 years for the Blackburn Blackburn - don't want to age it too much; it would lose its wonderful apple overtones). Hmmm, isn't there supposed to be a Buccaneer build or some such in this thread somewhere? At any rate, as I was saying, reminds me of my years in Burma before the war don't you know...

Yours etc.,

Air Vice-Marshall (ret.) Sir Alec Francis Edward Badger Kidney-Stone, VC (posthumous), DSC, DFC, OBE

I say, what's modelling compared to such charming banter between such smashing chaps! Think I'll give it a shot! So am I to understand it that the good General had a go at the Avro Bison? Lovely aeroplane that, surpassed only in pulchritude by the angelic, nay divine Blackburn Blackburn. Sadly I haven't been able to procure a Bison, but I did get my grubby little mitts on the Blackburn Blackburn. If it were a proper injection-moulded kit, instead of one of those infernal vacu-fiddlythingies it would be well on its way to being 95 per cent done, at which time it would be laid down beside the Pinot Grigio for some proper ageing (10 years for the Pinot Grigio, and I suppose 5 years for the Blackburn Blackburn - don't want to age it too much; it would lose its wonderful apple overtones). Hmmm, isn't there supposed to be a Buccaneer build or some such in this thread somewhere? At any rate, as I was saying, reminds me of my years in Burma before the war don't you know...

Yours etc.,

Air Vice-Marshall (ret.) Sir Alec Francis Edward Badger Kidney-Stone, VC (posthumous), DSC, DFC, OBE

Sahh welcome to the trenches Sahh Private Baldbob at your service,if i may say so ive never seen so pips whoops and hoorays in front of someones name Sahh!hope you enjoy the Generals thread,im secretley trying to usurp captain Darling and become the Generals batman ,my cunning plan to get out of the trenches ....keep it under your hat Sann...cup of tea Sahh? Edited by The Crusty one
  • Like 1

Imagine if they had done a gulf war Blackadder , lord Flash would defiantly choose a Bucc,

Especially as it is a low level penetration machine. Now that's what I call a jet movement woof woof,

Wonder what balddricks weapon of the gulf would be.

• Like 2

Imagine if they had done a gulf war Blackadder , lord Flash would defiantly choose a Bucc,

Especially as it is a low level penetration machine. Now that's what I call a jet movement woof woof,

Wonder what balddricks weapon of the gulf would be.

i reckon Balders would have been in bomb disposal...can u imagine!:-)

i reckon Balders would have been in bomb disposal...can u imagine!:-)

Hahaha ,, "What this wire mr adder ?..."

I'm pretty certain General Melchett would be flying the Victor.

• Like 1

Just had a catch up Andy, looking great mate. Love the vent detail.... makes me want to get onto mine but it's just not possible at the moment, my days consist of 30 hour days :suicide:

Now, then, then now, now, then...now, then !...I'm away for five minutes and look what happens in my trench !, :sick:

Jason, welcome to the latrines, I totally agree old fella why stick to the mundanity of modelling when such companiable fun can be had !......as for the Bison, 'fraid not, it's the monstrous Myasischev 3M variety rather than Avro's monstrosity.............a Blackburn Blackburn...now there's a thing !!....so good they named it twice !

Sorry to hear that you'd passed away....life eh !

Crusty Bob, you've been rumbled ......Darling will take some shifting.......are you able to take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing, order up to 3 lorry loads of paper clips or arrange chairs to the required military standard, eh ?...hmmm...thought not !

Rob, Baldricks weapon would be his cooking....I don't think there's any known records of anyone surviving one of his fricasseed plum duffs or sauteed Rat-Au-Vans.....messy business war !

Cheers Radders, you really should get her on the table again and start licking her into shape........Woof, Woof........never mind this working for a living lark !...we need more big Buccs...(mind you I guess that the whole point !!)....what happened to the 'einkel ??

Anyhow, I've been rather busy with social studies recently, (involving a lot of food, drinking and mindless conversation), so I haven't been at the bench much but I have managedto crack on with some more detailing of this beastie, (much to skypirates relief I'm sure) and to complete an area of the cockpit that until now was a tad difficult to work out. Luckily Colin, (crobinsonh) came to the rescue as ever, even though he's in LA at the mo he rang his PC and ordered it to send me a huge pile of photos of the pit of his Bucc XX894 at Brunty, so that I could crack on with the final piece of the jigsaw. The area in question are the two mechanisms either side and just in front of the navs anti blast screen and right behind the pilots seat, (it's a tight fit !!). Anyhoo with the seats removed it was a lot easier to see what actually lay there, These are the two halves so far...

Starboard side,

P1160703_zpsd5544899.jpg

And port....

P1160704_zpsf7e90d25.jpg

The two halves together will be joined by a bridge structure in the middle prior to painting and fitting,

P1160705_zps4e29f6e0.jpg

The other piece now I've completed is the navs anti blast shield and the twin air con pipes, (these will be connected to the appropriate boxes in the pilots office once the screen is in place...the pipe work around them both looks a bit of a nightmare but as the seats will obscure most of this it shouldn't be too bad.

Looks more like something Captain Nemo might have found useful for the crew of the Nautilus to be honest....!

The pipes will be washed with oils and white spirit later..

P1160708_zps0dce07ee.jpg

The test will come when trying to put it all together...hopefully Baldricks done the maths correctly and it'll all fit, :unsure: if not.....!!

Cheers all,

Melchie...

• Like 6

Very smart work General. I am wondering how long it will be till you get her primed.

Having seen your Bucc I can honestly say it scares me, It just looks too big to handle for me. Imaging how you handle the thing to work on it without damaging what you have already done is as impressive as the work your doing.

Still I guess your safely away in your office far far away from no mans land. Ideal for this sort of thing

• Like 1

Thanks awfully for the condolences, General, much appreciated! Actually it's rather nice being passed on - more time for modelling, don't you know. Terribly sorry about the Avro/Myasishchev mixup. Ghastly business to mistake one of our finest (and most beautiful) aeroplanes with that Russkie thingie. Can't countenance it, much too streamlined for my liking (still, you did a splendid job on it if I recall). Couldn't agree more about the Blackburn Blackburn - I rather wished they'd named it thrice! Still and all, nice to see you cracking on with the good old Brick. Now there's a proper British aeroplane! Carry on! (I don't think I can order you to, can I? I'm afraid I'm not up on my rank equivalencies and being deceased, I suppose it doesn't really matter.)

Best Regards,

Air Vice-Marshall etc., AKA Jason

What the deuce has been going on in my latrines !!! takes me back to my old Harrovian matron Brunhilda von Klaggheffer, a loofa, some barbed wire and a cake of bicarb !! :shutup: I'll send young Baldrick down to mop it up...he's pretty handy with a hamster on a stick.

Rob, true, it isn't the easiest thing to heft about. It really either has to be on its belly or over on its back well supported by polystyrene blocks !....I'm not looking forward to drilling out the metal wing spars for the main gear pins !!

Former AVM, being diseased offers few advantages, can't think of any off hand ! The gaff regarding the Bison is of course inexcusable and will be thoroughly investigated by military tribunal, and no doubt you'll be arrested, your chocolate ration severely reduced, court martialled then tidied up with death by firing squad.....

As for ordering me around well I answer to no one.............isn't that right Darling !

I've been working on the main gear doors too, carving and dremelling away on the inner surfaces to work in the concave areas that allow the doors to close fully....hopefully you can just make them out in the photo...

P1160686_zps2d1c1b8a.jpg

• Like 2

Really exceptional work :)

Doesn't frankly need me to add my two-penneth worth as the superlatives are very properly flying about the place. But the work is just too good not to follow the thread with enjoyment and interest - and it would seem almost churlish not to say so!

Thanks chaps, Pete

You sure they're not bulletproof shields

to slip down the old combinations?

By thunder you've got it !!!....thought no one would notice, wouldn't like to run stark naked at Jerry without them ! ...Actually like everything else on the Buccaneer they are very subtle pieces of engineering...the more you look at the aircraft the closer to a piece of sculpture it becomes...

Steve, thanks for commenting, I'm glad you like it, (the same goes for your JP and Chippie threads, excellent stuff).......hopefully I can start mastering the weapons in the near future, (if I can inveigle young Robvulcan into casting them for me :whistle: )

Kev, well that's the plan but as you can see there always seems to be something else to add ! The problem being that working in such a large scale things that are missing really get noticed !. Hopefully I'll be able to crack on with U-pol priming very soon, (this hot weather helps)...

Cheers all,

Melch...

• Like 1