1/24th Blackburn Buccaneer S2B, 208 squadron

just caught up on this and am delighted it is going so well. you have my admiration for taking on a job that involves so much, i couldnt attempt it.

Crikey O`Reilly,.......this is a cracking build so far and I love those rivetted cockpit framework parts,.....the attention to detail is incredible!!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks folks, Stuart, nothing wrong with your seats it's just that having rebuilt the cockpit tub the kit seats were too wide so I decided to rebuild them from scratch....then one thing led to another ! (trouble is the Buccs cockpit is very exposed and crammed with gear as you know).

John, it's pretty time consuming but good fun. Like a few others here I enjoy scratchbuilding immensely so it's no chore.

Tony, thanks, in this scale so much is visible that a lot has to be crammed in....the problem is knowing where and when to stop !!

• Like 1

Just beautiful Melchie!!! Love it, and of course the type. I must tune in more often and thanks for the posts; you are doing a cracking job.

Graham

Thanks fellas, appreciated as ever,

Done for Telford? ;)

Thanks Tom, well that's the plan but as you well know anything can happen, once all the detail stuff is done and dusted then the painting and weathering side shouldn't be too bad :pray: ..............however you also know how slowly build time goes and how fast 'real' time passes by !

One little thing I managed to do yesterday was adjust the tail hook angle which was too open...simple job of cutting, angle with a file glue back together and sand to shape...not a lot but one more little thing out of the way,

DSC_0263_zpseb75beac-001_zps3a26b438.jpg

DSC_0267-002_zpsb8765296.jpg

Thanks again all,

Melchie...

• Like 1

Blimey this has come back from the mist, I like this Andy well done. Will you be doing any after market bits from all this?, I'm still looking to buy one but I'm not in a position to at present but I'm forever hopeful. Love the Bucc I will never forget the two that buzzed us on exercise it was my life's memory todate superb, your doing the kit justice and I'm sure the end will be the best part.

Clive

Edited by SHAR67

Going on sick parade with a flabbered gaster!

Then light duties until the weekend!

BTW, Can't see any pins in those seats.

I'll get the bombheads to drop around & fit them.

Thanks Clive, well the plan is to do the Martel/Sea Eagles plus pylons, CBLS 100 bomblet carriers, AIM-9B pylons/rails, 2X slipper tanks, AN/ALQ-101 'ECM' Pod and possibly the AN/AVQ23E 'Pave Spike' Pod, we'll see how it goes.....

I will never forget the two that buzzed us on exercise it was my life's memory todate

I've spoken to a lot of RN folks that have great memories of looking down on Buccs as they buzzed their boats at high speed just skimming the surface....the worlds finest 'magic carpet ride' low level strike aircraft......

Pete, I'll send Darling and the mobile field hospital round to your quarters to hold your feathery hat while you sort out your 'gentlemans issues'...I think someone famous once said 'Never in the field of human bowel movements has a gaster been flabbered so badly, so many times by so few ' or something and its hard to argue...

Can't see any pins in those seats.

Yes, duly noted, the pins will be inserted in due course....keep your bombhead in yer plus fours.......you never know when you'll need it !

M

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1

Blimey oreilly

The seats look as if they came out of MB's factory Melchie sah

stupendous

I saw you used a Unic-thingy pen to mark the black stripes round the handles, did the ink try to run when you added the varnish coat?

It looks as if you may have answered one of my perennial questions if it did'nt

oh arr

nice 'ook guvner, very nice fix

Ta ever so, Clive, sorry wasn't implying that you were a naval man ! good lord no, I'm more legs but hey ho whatever floats your boat, or tank, or.....err! Well, good luck with the job hunting, can't be easy. Stuart has done a fantastic job with this kit and with a few upgrades I have planned in the works I don't think you'll be disappointed....

Bill, thanks, good point re the pen and ink....After application I sat the seats out in the sun to dry for about 30 minutes then sprayed both using mists of Alclad Klear Kote semi matt, (whilst still in the sun and well away from Lady Melch's washing !!). It dries almost instantly with no running, beats the hell out of trying to hand paint them !

Hi Andy

no offence was taken the sea doesn't agree with me and the pongos well they too are a mucky bunch of chaps hence the nick name.

I'm in work at present but its only temporary so it might come good in October but I'll wait n see, I hope to get one of these Bucc's :wub: along with that new Airfix Typhoon :wub: but the resin kit puts me in a bit of a precarious position because I have a new born in the family and I have to be extra careful of the dust as the dust is a bugger. :zombie:

sweet! Please enter this in the comp at Telford..

Yes please do it defiantly deserves to go in that comp. be very interested to see what wins. As a newbie to shows and comps it seems interesting and surprising what can win. Personally I would find it hard to pick one winner. For me any model that is successfully finished is a winner in its own way.

This would get my vote however. ;)

Thanks Rich and Rob, not sure about the competition side of things, not really my bag, also I think I'd have to open up a lot more panels, wing folds, engine etc which I just don't have the time to do but thanks for the sentiment......never know I might change my mind before November though I have a few other smaller projects I promised to get finished for the show.....

Clive I understand your concern about the resin dust, if you have any doubts then it's probably best to avoid resin work at the moment to be honest....

Whilst scanning through some photos on the Bucc Society site I noticed that the tail hook is quite a complicated affair and not as simple as I first thought, (is anything?)...so as a break from the canopy today I decided to get the detailing of the unit finished up.......I think I'll brass pin it so that it can be raised and lowered.

Tail bumper up next....

Cheers all,

Melchie

DSC_0269_zps75f393b3.jpg

DSC_0268_zps2e485cee.jpg

• Like 4

Cor blimey, General! You obviously spent more time on those seats that I spend on an entire model. No, really, you should see some of my models. Or maybe not.

Yours, etc.

Jason