1/24th Blackburn Buccaneer S2B, 208 squadron

Thanks Colin, just as well there wasn't a stick, throttles and rudder bar in the back or else I might have been tempted...OK it's a bit different from my old Piper Tomahawk but hey, the principles the same......just a tad faster :analintruder:

I managed to withhold the honour of the regiment and not disgrace myself in front of the men.

Here are just a few photos from the event, taken by Colin,  hope they are of some interest.

My ride waiting in all her bent wing glory,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now, how are you supposed to squeeze in here?.... Darling, you'll have to move over man, I've nowhere to rest my feathery hat.

image.jpg

Ah, that's it......just stay there and pass up my Earl Grey, Hob Nobs and copy of King and Country...

image.jpg

All plugged in, wings folded and awaiting engine start along with the associated cacophony and aromatic waft of Avtur.

image.jpg

Taxying back after the run...looking back to see '594 hurtling down the runway in a sheet of spray and noise. Not quite sure what Ollie's laughing about....probably the fact that he does this at the weekends for fun  when not belting around the countryside in Tonkas and Hawks in his day job...or the fact that we are comfortably sat in the warm and dry, (I suspect the former).

1-_DSC08221.jpg

image.jpg

Awaiting parking orders and the arrival of my lunch that was rapidly catching us up...

image.jpg

Obligatory silly grin.....can I have another go?

image.jpg

• Like 5