1/24th Blackburn Buccaneer S2B, 208 squadron

Lummy and all manner of stiff upper lipisms, what a frightful situation and make no mistake......better get the proverbial digit extracted forthwith and crack on with the blighter post Telford festivities...don't want to get partitioned by the BM assemblage, no Sir.....Darling man the Smith gun, Baldrick make some custard and alert the Harrow back four while I break out the last 20 litres of Alclad primer.....chaps, we're going in !

• Like 5

I suppose we COULD pretend to be grateful...................

But bugger that for a game

Pretence is so phoney Yer Sirness

I am really glad you are taking a little look at the 'build of the year 2014' (if you blarry finished the blighter) with a view of helping it to 'build of the year 2100'

As I unnerstand there's obligations to obligate I'm glad if we can get a little more, occasionally, with additional Darling demeaning too I hopes

Beggar it sideways, demean Blasgladder too if you like, the bugg'rs always a bit disrespectful of your awesomenessnessness

• Like 3

A stout "Hoorah!" for the General's re-commencement of this beast!

Having discovered this gem of a thread and read vigorously its contents, I'm left flabbergasted, bewildered and bemused.

I was seriously wondering at one stage, whether a child could sit in the front cockpit and push alternatively on the rudder pedals and "drive" it down the footpath... (ahh, memories!).

I'll head off to prepare a fresh batch of popcorn, unless Balders has rustled up something from the mess.

I was just thinking of this beast of a model the other day and wondering when his Generalship was going to get cracking on with it again. Urrah! if he does! I was hoping he would motorise the thing and I could take it for a spin the next time I'm in Old Blighty. I say, old horse, you could strap an old Tumanskiy to it, about a 22,400 lb st job should just about do it, say from a Ye-152A. They must have a couple of those engines laying about at Monino, I would think. Just bribe the guard or staff (if they still have any) with an only slightly drunk from bottle of Stoli and off you go with one (the engine, not the staff). Work on it then, there's a good chap! 

Yours, etc.

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Small correction. Very small indeed.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, woody37 said:

I think we should raise a petition insisting that the General has to finish it for Telford next year!

P'raps we could threaten to have him demoted and sent to the front?

Hang on - I'm not sure if there's any one on BM who outranks him is there?

• Like 1

Lost  & Bill(willdered),

I am really glad you are taking a little look at the 'build of the year 2014' (if you blarry finished the blighter) with a view of helping it to 'build of the year 2100'

I'm equally glad you amended the aforesaid with a dash of realism and half and pint of forward planning.....best laid plans of mice, 42 and all that...if we say between now and 500th anniversary of the formation of Strike Command then I think we'll safely be somewhere in the rough ballpark.....

A stout "Hoorah!" for the General's re-commencement of this beast!

One is tempted to bellow Oi, oi savaloy' at full blast to this announcement (that I know little or nothing about), in fact I just did, but I'm sure it was communicated at high volume with nothing but good will intended... 

I'll head off to prepare a fresh batch of popcorn, unless Balders has rustled up something from the mess.

I would imagine Baldrick has indeed rustled up something of a mess...if the contents of his bivvy are anything to go by then he'll probably be planning something of an orgy of flatulence inducing intestinal agony with attendant frequent visits to the 'Sir Douglas Haig' open air latrines......fully booked until Autumn.

Madhatter Zhukov, at one point I did consider lighting the old thing and putting a speaker inside a dio base with all the necessary wizz, ping, blart, whoosh, annoyingly unbearable scream noises etc but then thought better of it as it would only have held things up !.........isn't hindsight a wonderful thing...

Steve, if need be I shall demote myself, (wouldn't be the first time)..as for being sent to the Front I'll have a word with Dougie Haig but I must warn you my diary is pretty full at the moment what with Henley, Chepstow, Her Maj's birthday bash, Darling's primary school concert (he's an angel), Baldrick's self entry at Crufts, etc, etc  !

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread again, digging mine out after it being in a box for two years! From my last house move, how time flies..

I have since lost your images again too, so I need to go through the 27 pages to right click save again...

• 6 months later...

And then, just as we were getting somewhere

it died

And without giving me a decent picture of the nosewheel well which was why I spent all blimming day here again  :)

oh well.....

just saying

• Like 2

Good lord, George !...I really must apologise for the lack of progress on this one but as a few of you might or might not be aware I'm up to my goggly eyeballs in work for Airfix Model World as well as a spot of book scribbling at the moment which takes me away from my own stuff. A poor excuse I know, a general like a dutiful house-wife should be able to multi-task...just look at Douglas Haig, ..well maybe not, that didn't really end well....

Having spent last Sunday at the Bruntingthorpe show and going over the four Buccs there with a fine tooth comb again, not to mention seeing them in action reminded me that I really must get it back on the bench as soon as possible. All I can say is that like a certain Austro-merican cyborg chappie it will be back, I've had a quiet word with Ian O and Tom P and whatever state it's in by November it'll be at Telford parked up on the 1/32nd/LSP SIG table...

Billiam old fruit...what are you after ?  real one or model.

Cheers all :cheers:

Melchie

• Like 1

My dear your Generalship having delved interwebbery for days on this topic I'm not sure

I know there's a upper recess where the tyred old wheel spins quietly to a halt which must affect the floor of the office above but there's little about that shows it

Hence I thought, looking at the excellently resourced build you are making would help

What do you suggest? I'll take all and everything I can

I have already spotted the way the lower wall is wider than the door, that's allowed for, its just how high to take the roof

And how prominent the pivoting hinges are on the upper leg

Any help you could provide will get noted in despatches sir, might keep Darling, Slackbladder and Flashy quiet for a bit

• Like 1

OK Bill I'll assign my finest men to the task and see just what breaks loose.....and that doesn't include Slacky, Bob, nurse Mary or Flash, Darling's tied up with other things, (rope, sellotape and used shoelaces mostly but we won't go into that),  basically that leaves Baldrick and that idiot George ......so don't hold yer breath ! 

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Excellent build! Amazing with a Bucc this big! :)

Would be quite a challenge to build one, and if I get the opportunity, I will! :)

Cheers,

Håkan

• 2 months later...

Sorry to drag this out again, General... but this thread has been too quiet for too long. Any more progress to share with us? 

I’m suffering from terrible withdrawal symptoms!

All the best,

Tom

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello blokes!...well All I can say is that it's definitely a partial maybe! the answer is in two parts, (if you don't want to wade through answer 1 and lose the will to live then just skip to 2)

1). Tom and Bill, yes I really must apologise for the appalling lack of general buccyness going on, (or not) here. I'm hoping to restart the thing in September, the problem isn't one of motivation, it's more down to a rather large backlog of build articles for AMW which is taking up just about all my modelling time. Airfix test-shots keep arriving in a steady stream and these naturally take precedence in the magazine, (mind you even the editor, Chris, has asked me more than once when/if I was ever going to finish the thing!) A pretty poor excuse I know but once the backlog is sorted I'll tackle both the Bucc and the Tornado. I was suitably enthused at Bruntingthorpe and Elvington in May and managed to take a few photos of areas I hadn't previously had access to, so that's something....

2). So after all that, the short answer is.......yes, I'll be restarting it soon(ish).

Now along the same vein Tom, any more on the Big Toom?   he says taking the deflection...:whistle:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks for the update, General. I take my hat off to you actually - I must say I only build for my pleasure and building models for mags that may not necessarily be my cup o’ tea would become a chore I think, so massive respect. We’ll just have to wait patiently until you get the time to get cracking on it again. 

And the big Phantom... the less said about that the better. I’ve got so bogged down trying to correct the bloody thing I lost all motivation. It’s so far out it’s almost beyond belief. I’ve got to the point of the cockpit being ready to kit out, but when that’s done I’ll have so much more to do to correct the rear fuselage it’s enough to put one of one’s dinner. One day...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, general melchett said:

it's more down to a rather large backlog of build articles for AMW which is taking up just about all my modelling time. Airfix test-shots keep arriving in a steady stream 

I feel your pain mon general - just un peu.

Hang on - it's envy , not empathy.

Clearly I need to report to the MO for some pills; trouble is though, at this time of the morning his hand's usually still shaking from the previous night's Pilsner. Last time I reported to sick bay he diagnosed goitre and tried to feed me a ham sandwich intravenously.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

A 1/24 Buccaneer !! And I did'nt hear about ???

I'm in General !!

CC

As you can see by the previous post's it has been around for a while now , but always under the radar!

Keith.

• Like 4

Thanks chaps, 

Tom, I'm quite fortunate in that I can pick which subjects I'd like to build as the editor knows my preferences. Funnily enough though, building the odd 'left of field' subject does get the creative juices going, (down Darling, down boy!) and it's all good practice. Being the mag's official 'floating target' builder has rekindled my childhood enjoyment of building warships, (and blowing them up with fireworks!)...in fact the only things I won't touch are cars, (just doesn't float my boat and there are amazing modellers out there who do a fantastic job on the things) and Germans glazed in honey, everything else is fair game, Sorry to hear about the Phantom, though I must admit, looking through the black bin bag full of bits the other day I share your sentiments...and that's before all the corrections needed for the thing, I hear eBay a callin!

Tony, it's my own fault, I'm afraid I tend to put my hand up when certain new releases are announced early in the year and now look what happened....my late mentor and fellow wind-breaker, Sir Henry Rawlinson once told me, just before a Harrow v Eton murderball deathmatch,  'Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer, for anything...ever', but then again he also said 'Don't ever question the value of volunteering. Noah's Ark was built by volunteers; the Titanic was built by professionals.  did I listen?

Clearly I need to report to the MO for some pills; trouble is though, at this time of the morning his hand's usually still shaking from the previous night's Pilsner. Last time I reported to sick bay he diagnosed goitre and tried to feed me a ham sandwich intravenously.

MO, pills, Pilsner, sickbay, goitres and intravenous ham sandwiches...by George I've obviously been missing out! I'll send young Baldrick round with a hot mug of his home-brewed milky Cappuccino with brown stuff sprinkled on top...... that should clear you out.

A 1/24 Buccaneer !! And I did'nt hear about ???

Yes, that's not really surprising CC, I think cheesecloth shirts and Oxford Bags were all the rage when the last progress report was posted...  

Keith, you beat me to it....you should never hear or see a Buccaneer...not until it's way past you.

• Haha 3

If (if?) yer generalship is minded to get the mighty  Bucc flying again the world, or as many of us is left, will all join in and rejoice

But as you are doing splendidly for us in maintaining a flow of excellence in AMW 

Thanks 

But don't forget. 

We won't

😠

• Like 2
  • Haha 1