ATPER

hi

this is going to be my first real kit in 1/144 (my last, I did 4 years ago, when I was 13, so not very good)

I read the great report from the other forum-user that did assembled the same kit. BAe ATP, from Welsh 1/144.

however, some things have changed in the kit:

gears are assembled, all wings (front, rear and rudder) are already cut out, as well as the props, which are even made of metal. those are all so great, that only need to be painted (and adjusted to the fuselage, where the wing/fuselage are coming together, the "well known problems"

pictures will follow soon

hello

I wanted to say, I GAVE UP my project, of building this BAe ATP. 4 times I tried to assemble it, 4 times I wasn't able to fix it etc,.... I say, for the complete thing, I lost now 100€!!!!!

simple answer: I tried several times to get it fixed, then, always when nearly finished, everything broke apart (on the parts, no, parts are still ok) but the complete piece will not remain together when glued, sanded, and when miliput is being used to hide holes etc.... It was nearly finished today.... now, I need to start from new,....

has anyone an idea, how to get it fixed etc?

I am annoyed of that thing now..... I am thinking of sending it back to Welsh, or simply scrapping it and trowing it away,.... NEVER been so unhappy with a plane kit,......

Well first of all I recommend that you change your glue. The Contacta is too thick to properly secure the plastic parts, and the resin doesn't work with it at all; you need Superglue or Epoxy for that. Look around for liquid cement. MEKpak, Weld-on, Plastruct cement, Ambroid PROweld or similar brands. Liquid cement runs between the parts by capilary action when you apply it with a pointed brush, which causes the entire seam to glue, not just the parts where you put the Contacta. In adition, you need to back up the long joins like your fuselage halves with tabs cut from the backing sheet to give the glue something extra to fasten onto.

An extra trick to use is the "river of Epoxy" that was mentioned in the other thread: Cut a hole in the bottom where the wings will fit later, cut notches in the tops and bottoms of the bulkheads and once the fuselage is together pour in some 20 minute Epoxy. Tip the model back and forth to make sure the Epoxy runs all the way from the nose to the tail. Once that dries, do the same for the bottom of the fuselage. This will make your model incredibly strong.

I am thinking of sending it back to Welsh, or simply scrapping it and trowing it away,.... NEVER been so unhappy with a plane kit,......

Never, ever, throw a kit away! I feel your pain, some kits just fight you but you sometimes need to walk away and leave the problem a wee while. Jessica is right, there are things you can do that will solve your problems - it's what the forum's for! :winkgrin:

vacs are not hard once you get the hang of them but they do need a bit more experience - what Jessica says is good advice and defo what Andy says - never throw anything away!!

Most of all, dont be afraiud to ask for advice on Britmodeller - and dont worry about sounding stupid...

the only stupid question is the one that never got asked

my ATP is back on track, it is ready assembled, can be painted already tomorrow, and at the same time, the gears will be added,.....

is anyone interested in what colors it will get?

my ATP is back on track, it is ready assembled, can be painted already tomorrow, and at the same time, the gears will be added,.....

is anyone interested in what colors it will get?

Yes

I've built 2 and my first is undergoing a refurb - might be Manx but I don't have the green stripes for the engine nacelles included on the decal sheet! - has anyone got any spare?

hi

I am now in the process of painting, so, quite a huge progress....

I tried to post pictures, but, it never works :(

this evening, it is finished, and a pic will be sent :-)

I try to post pics soon. I got it quite well rescued, it has some places which don't look nice, but its still okay.

it now stands already on its on feet, ehem, gears, fully painted, awaiting the decals to be applied.....

product is NOW FINISHED!!!! it is long way from perfect, it was a nice resin-start, but a second BAe ATP kit has already been ordered, so that I can use the ideas etc I got when building it, to get it perfect (I will masticate better, as the joints are not good,..) I will also correct the nose a bit....

so, sorry, I can't upload any pics on here, I don't know why, but it doesn't works

Yes, we'd love to hear about it. Can you post pictures?

here it is,....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85758479@N08/7850419194/in/photostream

the diorama is self made (vehicles are painted and decalled only by myself)

the aircraft had several injuries so, that is the result, but, as announced, a new kit has been ordered to make a perfect one,.....

I know, it looks "shitty" :(