Mosquito Launch Spectacular

Dave Homewood

Hmmm, nice poster, I'm sure the show will be every bit as good & the best bit is. I'M GOING TO BE THERE! :yahoo:

Steve.

You certainly know we are expecting you to take us along by taking pics and reporting, aren't you ? :bounce: Rolf

I'd sell a kidney to be there, but I doubt they'd take it with the amount of drugs I'm on these days :S

Gotta love the Mossie... it's mandatory :wub:

This is a fascinating project, and the ability to manufacture new wings and fuselages means that this is just the first one, the video of them making the first fuselage halves was amazing, it will be good to have a Mossie flying again, I used to see the BAE Mossie (RR299) flying round the local area regularly and the sight and sound was fantastic.

Cheers

Dennis

You certainly know we are expecting you to take us along by taking pics and reporting, aren't you ? :bounce: Rolf

I will for sure be taking some photos & maybe video, though I hate spending too much time with eyes on a view finder & not the real thing. My expertise in this area is pretty basic, certainly not up to Grundylunchs standard but I'll do what I can & put some pics up if they're OK. Like Sleeper Service said, hoping hard for good weather.

I understand that the Mosquito will depart our shores fairly soon after this for the USA but that there is an intention to do an airshow season in Europe with it in the next few years so the opportunity may well presnt itself over there yet, & North America before then obviously. It was an absolute no brainer for me to go up to Auckland to see this, my uncle (fathers brother) was killed in Mosquitos with 464(Aus) sqn in Oct 1943, soon after they started flying them. 464 was in the same group as 487(NZ) sqn the colours of which this plane is finished in, so there is a strong emotional bond for me with this machine.

Steve.