Aoshima: Fireflash to be reissued

marty_hopkirk

I built it and thought it was not too bad.

Kit includes the elevator cars and I display mine as the scene where the elevator car is not quite in position. Small length of streched clear sprue holds Fireflash in correct position.

I captioned the base " Fireflash ! Lift port wing ! Lift port wing !

My favourite episode by the way. :winkgrin:

I built it and thought it was not too bad.

Kit includes the elevator cars and I display mine as the scene where the elevator car is not quite in position. Small length of streched clear sprue holds Fireflash in correct position.

I captioned the base " Fireflash ! Lift port wing ! Lift port wing !

My favourite episode by the way. :winkgrin:

Agree with your comment asbout the episode. I think the close up shot was pretty amazing stuff - despite it being all models! Real edge of the seat stuff ( for a 7 year old the first time I saw it!!) :thumbsup:

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/albeback52/Thunderbirds_Fireflash_15.jpg

Shame it's such a small scale. Also a bit pricey. Saw it advertised on Comet Miniatures web site at £69.95!

Interesting but if memory serves its not all that good a model...

It's a great model and captures the profile of the filming miniature extremely well, including the misunderstood figure of eight fuselage cross section. It even came complete with section of run way and the elevator cars. The only criticism is, it probably could have done with both flight deck and a wing lounge interior.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

It'll be a stack cheaper from HLJ.

Marty...

Thanks for the suggestion Marty! Will look out for it! A 33 cm long model at 1/350 works out at roughly 115 meters long!. This would be a stunning model in a decent scale - even at 1/144 it would be nearly 80cm long! Come on Airfix! You know you want to !!

(falls back to reality with a bump!) :weep:

Allan

ps - there's one on evilbay right now with a buy it now price of £150.00! :yikes:

Edited by Albeback52