Atlantikwall.

Erwin

Damn Erwin, that's pretty radical. Why weren't you happy with the trenches? They looked great to me. Love your attitude that it's just a step backwards

Hi,

The brickpattern was printed cardboard. It didn't join well on top of the walls.With plastic I can use filler.Plus that their was no depth.With these plastic ones it will be more realistic.

Edited by Erwin

Erwin, it takes a lot of guts to go back and change something you're not happy with when the project was so advanced.

Well done! I'm sure your changes will make it look even better than it did :goodjob:

I did the trenches again using 3 mm plasticcard for the walls. I also changed the lay-out a bit.

The beachbocks and dragon's teeth will be added again when doing the final layer of paste.

001-7.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Hi all,

Maybe hard to believe,but I ripped it all out again.

The plastic trenches just didn't look right again.This resulted in some paintdamage on the bunkers.

So I will repaint them too.

Nothing to worry about.The project is still on.

001-8.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Started on the trenches again.This time doing floor and wall one at a time.

Painting the brickwork is simple.First a coat of lightgray.After some drying I whipe it of leaving paint between the bricks to create the cement.

006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've added the final layer of paste.

I mixed grass with the wet paste rather than having to glue grass lateron.This gives a smooth overflow from the beach to the back of the diorama.

It now has to dry.So the colour might change a bit.

001-11.jpg

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 1

Wow Erwin, this project is coming along in  a rather splendid fashion, in fact this is what I looked forward to seeing when I signed on to this site, brilliant stuff,

Sean

The paste is now fully dry and hard.The next step is placing more beachobstacles.

I also bought this truck kit to go with the storage building...

truck.jpg

Edited by Erwin

First start on the beach and dunes.I'm using longgrass patches to add some green.I won't overdo it.

There will come more obstacles latereon on the beach.

beach.jpg

Edited by Erwin