Atlantikwall.

Erwin

Hi all,

Most of you know that I've stopped modelling and that I've donated my models to the local Atlantikwall museum.But this project is something I wanted to do for a long time.

Concider this as a "come-back".

I will make a section of the beach obstacles and the defence bunkers as they were before D-Day.

My first build is a MG 42 pill-box made from a light switch cover.As this has a smooth surface,I covered it with Revell Plasto and sanded it down just enough to show some concrete .

imag0011.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I started on another bunker.

Made from a DIY plastic rainpipe part.

It will be a personelbunker.Actually,half a bunker. As this will go at the back of the diorama and will be covered with sand,there's no point in making a whole bunker.

I still need to do the entrances and other detailing.

imag0001-1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've deleted the pictures of the wooden commandbunker.I wasn't realy happy with it.

I will make a similar one out of the rainpipe.

I also made a drawing today for a FLAK-bunker.More on that later.

Edited by Erwin

Got to watch this one.

Have wanted to do several of the bunkers for D-Day dios in 72nd scale at some time. Have gathered several books on the subjects and even had a guy send me some pics of some old bunkers further north.

Looking good.

What color are you going to use for the concrete look or are you going to do some bunker camo?

I have thought of trying to do some of the "make it look like a house" camos on one or two.

Looking good.

What color are you going to use for the concrete look or are you going to do some bunker camo?

I have thought of trying to do some of the "make it look like a house" camos on one or two.

Normally it should be in the grey like I used on the pillbox.

Bunkers painted like houses weren't that common on the beaches.They were found more inland at the edges of towns so they blended in more with the background.

I found no pictures of bunkers on the beaches painted like a house.That doesn't mean there weren't any at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...