New Tool 1:72 Eurofighter Typhoon from Hasegawa

Mike

Hasegawa have announced a new tooling of the Eurofighter Typhoon, which some of you may already have heard about, but we now know when it's coming, and that the initial production run will include a bonus display stand. No further details on that aspect of it, but it should prove handy, I'm sure. Decals include RAF No.3(F) SQuadron, coded QO-H, and Luftwaffe JG74, and there will be 195 parts in the box - quite a high part count for a 1:72, which bodes well.

This looks to be the boxtop picture, culled straight from Hasegawa's website.

E40.jpg

I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Revell kit in the same scale, as I always thought it had room for improvement on the detail. It should be in the shops here around October time, allowing for the vagaries of the slow boat from Japan getting here on time, which gives you plenty of time to put one or more on your Christmas wish list. Modern jet fans rejoice :)

While we're on the subject - on a related note, a new Dual-combo boxing of the Hasegawa Jaguar GR.1A/T.2A is being released at the same time, with parts for two kits, one of each mark in the box, and decals for a 1A of 16 Squadron, coded XX965 in 2010, and a T.2A of 6 Squadron, coded XX141 in 2009.

02008.jpg

02008-2.jpg

A good month for RAF lovers ^_^

• Like 1

Dunno... and no... not a £50 price tag. I think you're ten too high. :tease:

And please - let's not turn this into a bitch about Hasegawa's pricing... it's been done to death, and can be found in plenty of other threads if anyone's interested in the standard MO of that particular rant :S

And why can't I add a proper pound sign????

Go into your control panel, and check your language settings :)

Not too bad a price, not my scale anyway. I'm happy ehough with the Revell 1/48 and 1/32 ones although if I could just figure out the best way to make deeper intakes for them I'd be even more happy.

Andy

• Like 1

Not too bad a price, not my scale anyway. I'm happy ehough with the Revell 1/48 and 1/32 ones although if I could just figure out the best way to make deeper intakes for them I'd be even more happy.

They're a quandry and difficult to do well, even just to build the kit with them. Trying to make them castable is horrible :S

And please - let's not turn this into a bitch about Hasegawa's pricing... it's been done to death, and can be found in plenty of other threads if anyone's interested in the standard MO of that particular rant :S
FORTY POUNDS for a 1:72 Typhoon??? I can get three Revell kits and change for that! What a ridiculous price...

Hello? Hello? Anyone in? :rolleyes:

For the expected price, I would also expect to recieve the fullest possible range of relevant air to air & air to ground ordnance included in the kit. I'm not hopeful though - given the Hasegawa trend of expecting modellers to fork out further sums to equip their models with whizz bangs!

Sweet! I'm super stoked for this. Good timing too... I'm probably going to pick one up as well as the jaguar boxings when I travel there in december. Between this and the Tamiya Zero... I'm going to be pretty happy camper for christmas.

Do we know what weapons are in the Hasegawa box?

They have been getting better lately. The SU-33 had a decent amount of weapons... this one might as well.

Edited by -Neu-

If the kit has 195 parts, that suggests that it might have a pretty good set of ordnance. The Revell kit manages a pretty comprehensive set of weapons with 'only' 170 parts!

Either way, I'm looking forward to both of these releases :)

Looking forwards to this one and have been since it was announced. As nice as it is, the Revell Typhoon is already looking a bit dated mould wise, the Two Seater even more than the Single, plus the missing pylons don't help.

I suspect the weapons will be included, they seem to on any non US aircraft release (which are catered for in the weapons sets).

It'll be the first Hasegawa purchase by me since the Tornados and F111's! (HLJ.com here I come!)

I received a printed Hasegawa flyer a couple of weeks ago which described this kit as a new tool. It also has a different part count to the Revell kit. I guess we won't know until we see the sprues, but I'd put my money on new tool at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Be nice if they scaled it up to 48th. The revell one isn't IMHO that great , soft detail and average fit in places.

If they scaled it up to 1/48 & scaled the price DOWN to Revell levels, I might buy it but not otherwise!.Agree that the fit of the Revell parts is not great in some areas ( the intake springs to mind!!) but, there's little about the kit that care & patience won't sort. It's certainly excellent value for money