Cold War Aircraft Modeller - Issue 1 Further Content Revealed!

Spence

Thats great news, will have to look out for the issues I would be interested in, with the Cold War what dates is it specified too as I thought this would be between 1947-1990

It seems to be 1947 - 1991, but that's kinda spiltting hairs I guess!!! But yes, those are the years that I will be interested in, though I may be somewhat 'flexible' with my choice of subjects, as I may sometimes deviate from aircraft that actually took part in the Cold War and just use the dates... :whistle:

How does 50p sound? :whistle:

Erm...

Spence

Edited by Spence

Hello Spence....

Ive tried to follow your updates on your oh so great shiney lovely great looking, oh so wanting mag title! (sorry for the over the top grovel!)

But me's being thick. How can i get it???? Seen the last posts that you will be at Telford with the new title. But just wondering, i dont want to miss it!

I will be going along to Telford, but dont want to miss out! :-( Please help a lost soul! :-)

Thanks for any help

Edited by maudesman

Very classy, bucking the trend is a good move I think with the emphasis on writing, you could always post additional pics on your website/facebook page/twitter etc., the one downside of internet builds is the lack of an edited text. Be nice to see John Wolstenholme's superb Echelon Lightning build in print. All the very best with your ventures, got so much pleasure from your articles in MIS, but greener pastures await!

Andy

Edited by Kagemusha

HI everyone! I hope that you are well!

I can now confirm the content for the first issue of CWAM and reveal some of the completed pages. Along with the already mentioned features, I can also confirm that Frank Oudin will appear in the first issue with a feature on his beautiful Draken - I'm so pleased!

Here then are a few completed pages. As you can see, I've taken into account some ideas from you guys and maintained my desire to keep this publication, clean and sharp. Yes I've used a dark background - but I have to have some variation!!! Anyhoo - I hope that you like what you see and that you are as excited about thos project as I am!

All the best - Spence :)

8104778281_0cd9aed601_b.jpg

8104790112_b877c459f6_b.jpg

8104790314_57b5cfda6f_b.jpg

Spence,

I'm really looking forward to this and I don't want to miss out on it BUT I WON'T be going to Telford so how can I get my sticky mitts on it?

Wez

I'm undecided on Telford but I know I want to get a copy so will be watching for the announcement on availability.

Seconded

DR

Spence,

I'm really looking forward to this and I don't want to miss out on it BUT I WON'T be going to Telford so how can I get my sticky mitts on it?

Wez

Hi guys - please don't worry. You will be able to reserve a copy and I will be able to post it out to you. This will mean that there will be a postage charge, but you will be able to ensure your copy. I'll post a bit more information over the next week and let you know what my plans are. I will say though that as I'm testing the water with this issue, numbers will be very limited so I will have to work on a first come, first served basis.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Spence :)

Well I want a copy, and I'll need it sent to China! Methods of payment will be an issue I expect :-(

Sounds like this will be an issue that appreciates in value!

If you have access to Paypal, you'll be fine... ;)

Both the content and desing of this look excellent (and better then many of the mainstream mags) look forward to picking up a copy at Telford.

So, how will we be able to buy the magazine? Will it be subscription only? I have asked my local freindly newsagent to see if he can get it but his supplier is WHS !

Edited by Paul J

So, how will we be able to buy the magazine? Will it be subscription only? I have asked my local freindly newsagent to see if he can get it but his supplier is WHS !

Ah well, e subscription perhaps?

Trevor

Hi guys!

Okay - this is what I have planned for this title.

At the moment, I haven't decided wether or not to create a bi-monthly, or a quarterly title - it really depends on how it will fit in with my other commitments to both ADH and Model Rail, to both of whom I am now committed.

The idea behind this title is to create something that modellers will want to collect and as such it won't be run like a mainstream title. Firstly, I don't really have to rely on advertising to produce it and so virtually all of the content will be modelling based - features and the like - which will make it more of a journal than a magazine. Unfortunately due to the cost of printing and production, that will mean that it will not be as cheap as the others and will be between £7.50 and £8.00 per issue - but for that, I guarantee that you will only be getting high quality features and zero filler. Just check how much editorial is in a satndard mag once the ads and other ephemera are taken out and I think you will see it is value for money. That said, the other mags have overheads that I simply don't have, and so they have to include ads and the like - I'm just lucky that printing less and being more self-contained I don't have to worry about those things! Horses for courses, I guess!

As for availability, the magazine will initially only be available from me direct, either by post or at the shows I will attend, or by perhaps a couple of traders who deal with books and magazines - I'll let you know more about that when I settle on who it will be. I have already mentioned that I won't be printing a huge number of these magazines because I want people to see them as something that is almost like a fanzine for a small, intimate club. I think it will be more fun that way and hopefully each issue will be an exciting release! I hope!!!

I really hope that after reading this you are still keen to either order a copy, or buy one when you see me in a few weeks, as I'm really starting to feel proud of the way this magazine is starting to look...

All the very best and have a great day.

My way of a teaser - here's another page...

8112406453_6e27f497c3_b.jpg

Edited by Spence