Manann's Blades

I was recently lucky enough to visit Games Workshop's HQ, Warhammer World, in Nottingham for a game of 40k - and somehow ended up buying these dudes. This is the start of a slow project to build up a few units of Empire so I can play a few skirmishes with a mate of mine who is desperate for an opponent! They would also make a great Mordheim war band.

7766507376_4bfed94b16_z.jpg

They fellas are known as Manann's Blades, and come as a resin set of 10 figures from Warhammer Forge, although the arms (minus the shields, which are in the set) have to find from one of GW's plastic sets. The guy in the middle is called Captain Edvard Van Der Kraal, and he comes from a 3 figure command set that also contains the standard bearer (behind him) and a musician.

7766509750_ce49f71353_z.jpg

Here's another shot. Painted using Citadel Acrylics and washes over a Halford's white spray undercoat. Excuse the wonky angles and out of focus blokes, I find photographing models exceptionally hard! There are 6 more guys in the works for this detachment - although I also have a cannon and crew I may move onto next.

Cheers for looking!

Thanks! To be honest the kits are really nicely sculpted so some gentle washing and drybrushing soon picks out the detail. I tried to keep the colour scheme simple so they didn't look too overdone, I think it helps!