Thanks guys, great photo Radleigh, although it's not finished still need to add whip aerials and emergency door exit decals, wind screen wipers small main gear doors, some weathering and to give it a satin finish as its to glossy, also tidy some bits and pieces on it.

Props are also temporary put on.

Any way I really enjoyed the show, and met and chatted to quite a few fellow britmodellers, and must congratulate early risers for getting best club table, who we have some association with and wallingford

• Like 2

OOOOOH Kev that is absolutely lovely. I'm trying to think of a better model of an airliner. You've even included the "Vickers" top rod on the PAX door and fwd vestibule detail. It looks like a real Vanguard under the Cathedral Hangar lights,only that base gives it away and those PAX windows, so ***************** good.step details. I know this took a you while but it was all worth it.

Well done, a real treat to look at. I'm only sorry I cant see it in the "flesh"

Varsity and trolley Acc not bad either!

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

I was fortunate enough to get to see it on Sunday, and also had the pleasure of meeting Kev. It was the first model I really looked at when I got there, and by the time I left, I had not seen anything better (and that includes the competition area).

G-APEP lived up to its old name - 'Superb'.

Dave

• Like 1

It certainly did, stunning model Kev - as is your Varsity!

Good piccie too Radleigh!

Thanks Keefr22

The Vanguard was a stunning exhibit Kev

I pretty well liked most of the models on the table but the Vanguard was queen of the table

Took a walk past them a few times over the weekend, just 'cos you do

Lovely jubbly

Thanks Perdu for your kind words

Damn how the hell did I miss this at Telford and the updates ... Busy I guess.

Looks abaolutely fabulous, stunning results.

We're the tamiya paints aerosol or airbrush ?

I hope I seem it at other shows.

Cheers Rob :)

Hi Rob, I used Tamiya Primer, then just used Tamiya white primer, rubbed down with micromesh and finished with Tamiya gloss from my airbrush, may bring it to Milton Keynes though

That is beyord word.

Looks ready to load up and take off

Well don Maestro

Cheers Gary

OOOOOH Kev that is absolutely lovely. I'm trying to think of a better model of an airliner. You've even included the "Vickers" top rod on the PAX door and fwd vestibule detail. It looks like a real Vanguard under the Cathedral Hangar lights,only that base gives it away and those PAX windows, so ***************** good.step details. I know this took a you while but it was all worth it.

Well done, a real treat to look at. I'm only sorry I cant see it in the "flesh"

Varsity and trolley Acc not bad either!

Thanks bzn20, good thing is I don't live to far from Brooklands so I am able to get as much info as I can, hopefully I shall finish it completely soon

Fantastic pair, I didn't realise you had done a "pig" also, that brings back memories of being an Air Cadet at Shawbury in the early '60s.

Cheers Biggles

I missed it at Telford too Kev. What a lost opportunity cos it looks absolutely gorgeous in Radleigh's photo and I've no doubt even better in the flesh. I should a made a list.......Doh :)

Thanks Fritag, as Telford is rather big, I myself missed a lot of models as well

I was fortunate enough to get to see it on Sunday, and also had the pleasure of meeting Kev. It was the first model I really looked at when I got there, and by the time I left, I had not seen anything better (and that includes the competition area).

G-APEP lived up to its old name - 'Superb'.

Thanks for your kind comment

Dave

Cheers for the Info, I am going to pick up some Tamiya White primer from Hobbycraft this week then. Looks fun.

I was watching the Farnborough Golden Years DVD (again~!.. ) Yesterday (its never off..) And seen this flash up and thought of your model right away looks absolutely cock on.

I would love to see you make a Handley Page Herald to put next to it.

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I have the old Frog Herald although not the original Frog kit somewhere in my stash

I did not even know if one existed. I will keep my eyes out now though.

Novo I guess.

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

The Vanguard was a stunning exhibit Kev

I pretty well liked most of the models on the table but the Vanguard was queen of the table

Took a walk past them a few times over the weekend, just 'cos you do

Lovely jubbly

Totally agree, also loved the Varsity and Dove! Beautiful models.

Enjoyed a very pleasant chat with you on the Saturday, sorry I

didn't comment on the Varsity build on Britmodeller at the time!

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Paul

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished this, after all these years, certainly will not be building another one, as I don't get much time for modelling these days, so will be having a rest for a while

The finished model can be found here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973494-172-vickers-vanguard-gene-hooker-vac-form/

• Like 5

That is an utterly wonderful piece of work and it has to be one of the very best models I've seen in more than 50 years in the hobby.

I am lost in admiration and more than a little jealous of your skill.

• Like 1

Kev have read through this build thread twice now and can honestly say that your Vanguard is one of the best models I have ever seen, I remember these at Heathrow when I used to go spotting.

Many thanks for a brilliant model

Jim

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well Kev, you finally finished it eh..

It was such a pleasure to follow and watch this ...its quite awesome to see airliners and its a welcome change

from fighter jets and the like. .going over to check it out..see how SHE looks in her glamor pgotographs..

KUDOS on a lovely nice build. :mike:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...