1/48 - Vought F7U-3/3M Cutlass by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk project)- release in ?

Homebee

If there was any justice it would be a 1/48 RF-8A Crusader(F8U-1P pre 1962 designation).The version which served the longest (1957-1987) and hasn't been kitted yet.

Stephen

Yes, yes and YES

With the right tooling there is no reason all marks of Recce Crusader cant be in the same box, there are not that many differences.

I am about to re-rtry with my Maintrac conversion so that should que up a plastic one?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello all, I would most certainly purchase the 1/48 F7-U and the 1/48 FJ-3. I'm hoping that they offer the Cutlass with optional wing folds. I prefer to build Naval and Marine Corps with the option of folded wings, when possible...it's a matter of display space. So far the Kitty Hawk kits seem to be good quality. I have the Hobby Craft F7-U kits as  well as the Collect Aire correction set. If the Kitty hawk is of good quality, I'd sell the F7-U correction set. I have a number of variants of the FJ-4 Fury, but building the ESCI FJ-2, 3 (??!!) would be more trouble than it's worth. I can't wait! Of course "She Who Must Be Obeyed" has different feelings. Nick

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, NickOnai said:

If the Kitty hawk is of good quality,

Hi Nick

That's a big 'if' there. My interest in US Naval aircraft is pretty thin but even I can see that most of their offerings so far have some serious issues. If pushed for the worst I'd say Banshee but there are others.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, SleeperService said:

Hi Nick

That's a big 'if' there. My interest in US Naval aircraft is pretty thin but even I can see that most of their offerings so far have some serious issues. If pushed for the worst I'd say Banshee but there are others.

I agree. Have you seen the 3D renderings for their proposed Su-25? Just a mess that I will not consider buying. There's still time to fix it since they haven't cut the molds, but they more than likely won't bother.

There's only one or two kits they make I that would consider buying - at a very steep discount.

They should hang their heads over the lump of plastic they put in a box and labeled as a Banshee.

Edited by Masinissa
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Stephe was inquiring about the RF8G. RVHP made one (don't know if it's still around) I've got one. I might be persuaded to part with it. Kitty Hawk is supposedly releasing the F7U this year. I' gone ahead and bought Lone Star's photo nose. If Kitty Hawk doesn't come through, I have 7 of the old Hobby Craft kits and a few of the Collect Aire correction sets. Thanks! Nick

On 6/17/2019 at 2:19 AM, Masinissa said:

I agree. Have you seen the 3D renderings for their proposed Su-25? Just a mess that I will not consider buying. There's still time to fix it since they haven't cut the molds, but they more than likely won't bother.

There's only one or two kits they make I that would consider buying - at a very steep discount.

They should hang their heads over the lump of plastic they put in a box and labeled as a Banshee.

What do you see wrong with the

Su-25 CAD?

On 7/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, B.sin said:

What do you see wrong with the

Su-25 CAD?

Here's my post on the KH Su-25 thread. Looks "similar" to a real Su-25. Nose is wrong, air brakes on wing tips are wrong, wing are set wrong, . . . .The kit will be a mess if they don't fix it.

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Would like to know myself.

Patience, Grasshopper - the path to self-knowledge is a steep and narrow one, with many unexpected twists and perils...:drunk:

D'jyawn

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vought F7U-3/3M Cutlass by Zimi Model - release in ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vought F7U-3/3M Cutlass by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk project)- release in ?