1/48 - Vought F7U-3/3M Cutlass by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk project)- release in ?

Homebee

Source: http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1344567290/Re-+Trumpy+A3D+Skywarrior

Also talked with the Kitty Hawk rep. Seems they want to focus on aircraft that have not seen much love from the majors. They may be focusing on the 50's and possibly have two releases up for next year and they will be 1/48 50's USN subjects. One will not be a F11F-1 Tiger though....rats! You can spectulate beyond that all you want now.

Kitty Hawk homepage: http://www.kittyhawkmodel.com/

If not 1/48th F-11F Tiger (what a pity!)... Anyone's guess.

- McDonnel FH-1 Phantom

- McDonnel F2H-2 and F2H-3/4 Banshee - in the pipe line

- North American AJ-1/AJ-2 Savage

- North American FJ-3 Fury Kitty Hawk 2018-2019 ?

- Douglas F3D/F10 Skyknight - Czech Model kit re-released

- Grumman F9F-8 Cougar - done

- Vought F7U Cutlass Kitty Hawk 2019 ?

- Grumman AF-2/3 Guardian - Special Hobby kits

- Lockheed T2V Seastar

Etc.

Current (06/2019) programme/catalog... No Cutlass!

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235047344-kitty-hawk-panda-hobby-catalog-2019-programme/

I vote for the AJ-2 Savage and the F2H-3 Banshee - with AF-2W Guardian the outsider

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Cougar and Banshee families, PLEEEEASE!!!

Peccaui et passus sum, plura adhuc passurus...

If there was any justice it would be a 1/48 RF-8A Crusader(F8U-1P pre 1962 designation).The version which served the longest (1957-1987) and hasn't been kitted yet.

Stephen

About the 1/48th RF-8A, there's a nice (but rather pricy!) resin conversion set for the Hasegawa F-8E Crusader by RVHP

LIGHT TEMCO VOUGHT RF-8A / F8U-1P Crusader - resin set RVHP 1/48 n° 48012

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a216d26b7

0149290.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

If there was any justice it would be a 1/48 RF-8A Crusader(F8U-1P pre 1962 designation).The version which served the longest (1957-1987) and hasn't been kitted yet.

Stephen

Would not be that hard to do all versions of the RF-8 in one box.

About the 1/48th RF-8A, there's a nice (but rather pricy!) resin conversion set for the Hasegawa F-8E Crusader by RVHP

LIGHT TEMCO VOUGHT RF-8A / F8U-1P Crusader - resin set RVHP 1/48 n° 48012

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a216d26b7

0149290.jpg

V.P.

I would not pay the price for these, they got the shape wrong at the back in both 1/48 & 1/72. You have to basically cut it in half and graft onto a kit.

Other RF-8 conversions are the maintrac one (if you can find it) and the C&H one also hard to find.

Cant really understand why the RF-8 has never been kitted.

Julien

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Kittyhawk just posted two side views of a very nice F7U-3M Cutlass in their page on Facebook.

11870900_970367993015487_661581983437077

Looks like a hint?

If so, I hope it is in 1/48!

Cheers!

Edited by FranciscoPRG
  • Like 3

If so, I hope it is in 1/48!

Cheers!

It HAS to be! Fujimi have it covered in 1/72 (which KH haven't touched...so far!) and there is a 1/32 option from Fisher -please nobody mention the Hobby Craft thing in 1/48...! :pray:

I would like to see a Cutlass in 1/48 it has to better than the Hobbycraft one ( sorry general ).

Guy

That would be big in 1/48 !

Yes - and an impressive model when finished!

After seeing that Revell just managed to mould all the bottom wings of their new 1/72 C-54 D Skymaster in one single piece, and after the quality of the mouldings of the Tupolev Tu-96 Bear from Trumpeter in 1/72, I think that would be just... big.

And beautiful.

Cheers!

P.S.: At roughly 28 x 31 m, that would be a 58,3 x 64,6 cm model, with slender wings. As a comparison, a 1/48 B-24 sizes at 44,1 x 68,9 cm, and a 1/48 B-29 sizes at 62,9 x 89,5 cm.

Edited by FranciscoPRG

They don't do the Tiger so why should they do the Cutlass? Instead they do the flying pancake.

Makes much more sense going the esoteric way ;-) Sorry for my disappointment.

If a plane was in service or not dosen't seem to matter.

For the Neptune i hope for Kinetic. They make better kits anyway.

By the way i can't stand anymore statements like"i'll take a couple of these".

"Awesome"rant over........

T.

• Like 1

No need to apologise Guy I totally agree, whereas HC managed to mess up the front end I just hope Kittyhawk don't do the same to the rest of it, if indeed an F-7U3 it be... just a shame Fujimi didn't scale their 1/72nds up at the time...(Hobbycraft had a half hearted go). The Cutlass always appealed to me with its radical design though it could have done without the underpowered, slow spooling engines, poor forward vision and dodgy nose gear among its strange attributes.

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with the Flying Pancake ! I'd take a couple of these awesome things........................!!! :wicked:

Take a few more of these awesome Cutlass things though......!

Allan

No need to apologise Guy I totally agree, whereas HC managed to mess up the front end I just hope Kittyhawk don't do the same to the rest of it, if indeed an F-7U3 it be... just a shame Fujimi didn't scale their 1/72nds up at the time...(Hobbycraft had a half hearted go). The Cutlass always appealed to me with its radical design though it could have done without the underpowered, slow spooling engines, poor forward vision and dodgy nose gear among its strange attributes.

They were a bit unique and that what appeals to me, though like you say they were not with out their problems 4 test pilots and 21 service pilots lost there lives flying these ( or trying to fly ! ) If kittyhawk do a good job I will be getting one.

Happy modelling with your one and look forward to seeing the finished article.

Guy

• Like 1

A bit off, but this would be a beauty in 1/48:

3_47_b1.jpg

Hey Kitty Hawk! What about a series of 1/48 Neptunes?

Cheers!

1/32 A-26 or B-26K :yahoo:

Guy

As I've just about got round to finishing chopping and channeling my Hobbycraft jobbie following a couple of years of belting it with a large hammer it's bound to be a Cutlass...!

And I finally finished mine in February this year ( thanks for your reference work by the way which I pinched some ideas from in my build.) So during this year I've now built the HC Cutlass, The CA Defiant and am still trying to finish the CA Meteor Mk 8. Sense a pattern here?

http://www.ipmsavon.org.uk/Meetings_gallery.php?year=15

• Like 2

Thanks General. It was actually quite a fun build, and despite its age of the kit the fit of the main parts was pretty good and as you found, the plastic think enough to aloe some judicious sanding. A new one from Kittyhawk would be nice though ( as long as they di it properly of course).

• 4 months later...