Britmodeller has changed

Mike

Mike,

I suppose I'll get used to the changes over the next few days.

I hope that old pages I've got bookmarked will still work ok over the coming months - I've got a LOT of material that I want to look over / save.

I've seen a lot of useful information in the replies here - a great way to learn more about the updated software we're using.

Yes, it was a shock to see the new look, but I've seen it elsewhere, so I'm getting used to it. Ifthe alternative is no BM, or learning new software, then I suspect that 97% here will be clicking on "Help", to do that learning.

Keep up your good work on my favourite modeling WWW.

Regards,

Gerard

I suspect old dogs really can learn new tricks! Might take a while in my case and expect the usual round of really stupid questions but well done Mike and thanks for what I know will have been a pile of hard work behind the scenes

Off now to find my PM's - couldn't see them first time round so must rethink after engaging brain and put on specs

Edit - I think the specs worked. After spending a while looking I noticed at the top right hand corner of the screen next to the log out two barely visible "buttons" on the black bar which indicted where to go once the cursor was placed over them - routes to messenger and notifications duly found - mind you ye can hardly see it by candlelight !

Edited by JohnT

Thanks chaps - still some things to sort out of course, but that's only to be expected on a forum with over 1,000,000 posts. Yes... 1 MILLION!!! :shocked: I noticed we'd hit the half million posts a while back, but had no clue we'd also passed the million. I was quite shocked when I saw the figures :o

All we ask is that people are patient and polite when broaching their issues, and PLEASE read the latest threads in the help & support section, because we're already having to answer the same questions again and again. Inevitably, this is slowing down the process of resolving issues, so please try & help yourselves with the minor stuff... there's a lot of threads been posted already, so you have a good chance of finding the info before you need to resort to waking us up ;)

that's only to be expected on a forum with over 1,000,000 posts. Yes... 1 MILLION!!! :shocked: I noticed we'd hit the half million posts a while back, but had no clue we'd also passed the million. I was quite shocked when I saw the figures :o

Looks like you're responsible for most of them. :lol: You've been a busy boy with 1075243. Just to EDIT: that's 20k more than the forum total. :lol:

Edited by pte1643

That's good. Had a play with it on my iPhone at lunch, and it works well - Someone was wondering about the mobile skin not working for the View New Content button in that little window shaped button, but it worked just fine for me. It did scroll me to the bottom of the window once or twice, but I'm more than happy with the mobile skin. :)

My post count has just about halved. :shrug:

I've just noticed that mine has gone down from over 2,000 to 181 and I am now a 'New member'? I think that the up date only went back a certain period and anything prior has been archived.

That's odd. Phil - let me have a PM with your details as you think they should be, and I'll check in the Admin Control Panel :)

I've just been wondering where some post have gone when clicking on the 'View New Content' button. In the column to the left you have options on how to view posts such as the past 24 hours, the past week etc. Click on one of those and the posts re-appear D'OH!

By the way is it just me that finds the website takes longer to load? Just asking not complaining.

The new look is just fine; I especially like how it works (as others have said) on my Mobile Phone, much better than the old board.

It's also good to know that the board has upgraded to the latest supported version and is running on a dedicated server - allways good to have solid foundations to build on :)

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2:

Karl

My post count has halved too.

Am I missing something simple but when I reply to a post I can't find the icons for adding pictures, quotes etc "More Reply Options" only has emmocicons ans signature options. I must be there as people are posting pictures!

By the way is it just me that finds the website takes longer to load? Just asking not complaining.

Takes a lot longer for me too. Using Firefox, Win 7 64 bit with a 40 meg fibre internets thingy. Very quick normally but this site is very slow. Is this due to the WWW2 bit?

I must admit I wondered if something was up, with all the 'unable to load' messages I was getting, but now we are 'better, stronger, faster' - and as has been said, we will just have to live with it in any case!

I'm not actively disliking it, but it's only the first time I've been on since the change...

I must say I like the 'Preview Topic' button.

Cheers

Yes, pages are slower to load for me too. On Win XP / Firefox Mozilla / broadband.

Could be my system is a bit overloaded, though I doubt it, as others seem to have the same problem.

Something for Mike to look at this weekend, as it's NOT something that needs looking at at 6:30am.

Regards,

Gerard

I like the new site, except the option to hide avatars is gone. I want the site to look even more "cold and sterile"- some people's avatars really annoy me!

Mike- any chance of installing this hook? (PS just noticed how much nicer the add link option is!)

Thanks chaps - still some things to sort out of course, but that's only to be expected on a forum with over 1,000,000 posts. Yes... 1 MILLION!!! :shocked: I noticed we'd hit the half million posts a while back, but had no clue we'd also passed the million. I was quite shocked when I saw the figures :o

I know for a fact that I myself made post no. 888,888 and that was back in November. I'm easily pleased so I PM'd Enzo Matrix about it at the time!

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!

I've just discovered that if you hover your mouse pointer over a member's name, it will tell you what topic (s)he is currently looking at, or if (s)he is offline. I don't think it did that before, did it?

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!

I've just discovered that if you hover your mouse pointer over a member's name, it will tell you what topic (s)he is currently looking at, or if (s)he is offline. I don't think it did that before, did it?

Thats cool, not seen that before...

I'm on Firefox and it's fine with me, using Windows XP I think too..?