Just joined this weekend, so here`s a pic or two of my latest completion
SAM_5048.jpg
and
SAM_5051.jpg
decals from the spares box
Hope you enjoy looking at...

• Like 1

Superb can i ask if you used a wash? If so what type

Thanks FP, no it`s not a wash, I draw panel lines in with a mechanical pencil then tone them down or dirty them up by drybrushing with a small brush.

A T-28B in gull gray and white ... very nice, very tempting. Not much needed to make it a proper USN aircraft. What's the kit like to build?

Cheers P, The kits not too hard to build, soft thick plastic, few sinkmarks and not much filler needed, haven`t tried the kit decals other than the instrument panels but they settled with microsol and hair drier

Very nice indeed - makes me glad I didn't overpay for the couple of old Monogram T-28s in my stash! Are those the standard kit decals? TBH, I never knew the VNAF flew the "B", thought it was only the "D"

Very nice indeed - makes me glad I didn't overpay for the couple of old Monogram T-28s in my stash! Are those the standard kit decals? TBH, I never knew the VNAF flew the "B", thought it was only the "D"

Thanks `Hythe`, no they`re from the spares box, I`ve done 3 so far and haven`t used the kit decals apart from instrument panels on any of them, the VNAF flew` b`s, `c`s and `d`s

Thanks `Hythe`, no they`re from the spares box, I`ve done 3 so far and haven`t used the kit decals apart from instrument panels on any of them, the VNAF flew` b`s, `c`s and `d`s

As they say, you learn something new every day! :)

In any case, looks very nice. I'm certainly tempted to acquire one...