1987 - A Countach On The Street

Calling this one done, a base is still in progress however so watch this space (now complete, see post 11 below)

Inspiration was a distant hazy memory of a film with a white Countach (possibly a kit-car) driving into the night of a possibly European town

Kit is Tamiya 24306 - 1/24 Lamborghini Countach LP500S which I got from LSA Models, built from the box but painted white (White primer and Halfords Appliance White) over the red plastic of the kit, wheels were de-chromed with bleach before the white. Black bits are Halfords Gloss Black after copious masking

White was rubbed back with micro-mesh polishing cloths (4000 to 12000 grit) then polished with Mer

Interior grey and other details Lifecolor

Number plates are homemade prints onto photo paper, I am going to redo these in a thinner font as they look too chunky in retrospect

Masking\black are a bit scrappy and the glass\lights don't fit too well due to me using too much paint but hope you enjoy

lam_9.jpg

lam_5.jpg

lam_7.jpg

lam_4.jpg

lam_8.jpg

lam_2.jpg

lam_1.jpg

lam_10.jpg

lam_6.jpg

Edited by cjhm
  • Like 1

Great job! As James May would say "Every 10 year old boy's dream."

Mine included, I had a poster of a white countach on my bedroom wall when I was that age.

This is an outstanding build of an iconic car.

Cheers,

Stuart

Right, I've tweaked the number plates, think they look better

countach_r1.jpg

countach_r2.jpg

Here is the base, cheap picture frame with plastic card road, pavement and building, all scratch built. Pavement was scribed on a thick piece of plastic card, door is layered plastic card. There are 2 slow colour changing LEDs shining down from above the 'lobby' inside the door. I was aiming for a nondescript 'club' type entrance in a dingy part of town.

countach_b1.jpg

countach_b2.jpg

Some pics with decent light

countach_b3.jpg

countach_b4.jpg

countach_b5.jpg

And some attempts to capture the LED light changing effect

countach_n1.jpg

countach_n2.jpg

countach_n3.jpg

countach_n4.jpg

All done now, hope you enjoy