Mercedes Benz Actros conversion

Ok, Ive cracked open a new truck, the 1:24 Italeri Actros. After seeing a pic on the net of a typical Swiss wagon and drag unit decided to build a replica. Not an exact copy but my version!

This is the pic I found, not my shot, if its yours let me know and I can credit you or remove it!

file0009.jpg

The Italeri kit is the masive mega space cab with a flat floor, on this build (other than being a newer model Actros!) is a long distance cab that sits lower on the chassis. I have found a nice OOB build to compare, Actros OOB

I made a start with the floor of the cab, it needed the centre removing and an engine hump building. This included modifiying the dash to fit! At least its a LHD!

piccys005.jpg

The dash placed on to check the height and fit is good,

piccys004.jpg

The cab shell has also been altered to allow the cab to sit lower, the lower section has been removed and the wheel arches are seperated and the cab step arrangement changed as on this cab they are attached to the cab floor not the bumper!

piccys006.jpg

The only bits on the cab not changed is the roof and front!

The front bumper has also needed alot of work, again to allow the cab to go lower!

piccys007.jpg

Thats all for now!

Some update pictures,

The chassis has been lengthened using a donar kit that has donated the body also. The axle and air is from the Actros kit. The cab rear mount has been scratchbuilt, and the front mounts have been hacked down to get the cab right!

zoo093.jpg

The cab balanced in place,

zoo094.jpg

One with the cab and body sat on the chassis to get a feel for the truck!

zoo095.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates on this build, I have added some plumbing to the chassis, its not accurate but looks better!

zoo047.jpg

I have done alot on the cab mounts to get the cab sitting right, to say its been a sod dosent cover it, but Im happy new!

zoo048.jpg

And a few mock up shots....

zoo046.jpg

zoo049.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...