Eduard 1:48 Morane Parasol

I've been at this on and off since the start of the year though it got set aside for a couple of months after an over-zealous sanding of the wing trailing edge combined with a dip in hot water to resolve the banana-wing issue resulted in something even worse: a trailing edge that rippled nicely! After a couple of months I forced myself to address the problem and went with smothering the offending area in cyano, allowing it to dry hard and sanding thoroughly for some time. Turned out I could have addressed the banana-wing simply by giving it a good old-fashioned bend. It's not perfect but it allowed me to get on with my life!

Otherwise I added some Archers raised decals for the stitching along the fuselage vertices and replaced most of the photo-etch struts with aerofoil-section material to avoid that 2D look. This wasn't without it's own little dramas, all that elastic is rather powerful stuff and crushed the struts a couple of times before I learnt my lesson and reinforced the junctions. Apart from that I think the kit is pretty much out of the box with a lot of sanding to refine those early Eduard short-run chunks, hope you enjoy!

P1120240.jpg

P1120241.jpg

P1120242.jpg

P1120245.jpg

P1120246.jpg

Edited by David Valinsky

WWI planes are normally not my style, but this is awesome. I'm totally in love with the realistic discoloration of the wings. Superb work!

Cheers

Thats one neat little job.Well done sir.