-Blackburm FIREBRAND TF5 -Magna Model- 1/48

- Here is a model I built some monthes ago.It requires a lot of job of course as a whole resin model with some white metal parts.

-The changes are around the nose with an greatly adapted Sea-Fire cowling, a new cockpit, wheel wells and some other minor changes.

img_4152.jpg

img_4151.jpg

img_4150.jpg

img_4149.jpg

img_4148.jpg

img_4157.jpg

img_4156.jpg

img_4155.jpg

img_4154.jpg

img_4153.jpg

img_4081.jpg

-The last photo shows TOMY, my Technical Adviser ,without him no modelling possible

• Like 5

A Seafire cowling? Not a Sea Fury? Can you tell us why you added that?

-OUPS.......Sea fury of course (from TRUMPETER) _ The magna cowling has not the sloping underside caracteristic of the Firebrand and it is impossible to add a correct fan behind the propeller, so I elected tuo use a Sea fury cowl built the underside and of course the fan itself

Edited by IPMS19

Excellent Firebarand. I hope Trumpeter would produce one (after all who was expecting the future release of an Attacker? ) and I would put up with the rivets as they would be easier to fill than Magna's air bubbles.

Mick

Excellent Firebarand. I hope Trumpeter would produce one (after all who was expecting the future release of an Attacker? ) and I would put up with the rivets as they would be easier to fill than Magna's air bubbles.

Mick

-Hi Mick,

-Surpringly for a resin kit, there were very few bubbles in this Magna Firebrand , as far as my exemplary was concerned for the less. I 'm thinking of showing you the " making of" this model in the right post of course, if you think it generate enough interested.......

if you think it generate enough interested.......

It sure woulf from me, I've shyed away from getting a Magna kit of this but after seeing the super job you have made I'm getting keen & I've love to see what went into it.

Steve.

Edited to say damn, I've just realised its 1/48th & I only do 1/72. :( Do they do one in the one true scale? :D

I'd still like to see you build for reference, your model is well good enough for that.

Edited by stevehnz

It sure woulf from me, I've shyed away from getting a Magna kit of this but after seeing the super job you have made I'm getting keen & I've love to see what went into it.

Steve.

Edited to say damn, I've just realised its 1/48th & I only do 1/72. :( Do they do one in the one true scale? :D

I'd still like to see you build for reference, your model is well good enough for that.

yes Steve kit number 0472 at £18:75. cheers chris

I love the look of the Firebrand, and this is just a phenomenal-looking model of it. What a brute! Do you have another 1/48th plane you can put her next to, for scale?

Also, Tomy looks very wise. You're right to consult him.

I love the look of the Firebrand, and this is just a phenomenal-looking model of it. What a brute! Do you have another 1/48th plane you can put her next to, for scale?

Also, Tomy looks very wise. You're right to consult him.

- Unfortunatly I cannot make new photos of this model as I wrote at the head of this post, it is a model I built some monthes ago and it is now mothballed in a fish box borrowed in plastic chips to protect it against chocks and humidity with some other " fellows" to make room on my shelves, but to gives you an idea , its size, I can says it is bigger than a Thunderbolt, I will post the building in the "Work in progress" post

Edited by IPMS19

Great Job

Having just completed a build of the same kit i know what you went through to get where you did

My congratulations well done mate

Cheers

Excellent build - I've got one of these in the stash and every so often I take it out and look at it - and then put it away again!

Now I am encouraged to make a start on it.