Kits I've finished recently

You can follow my build in the Aeroscale campaign thread: http://www.aeroscale...211&ord=&page=1

Now there's something from the new format that I don't like. Apparently one can't embed hyperlinks into the text anymore :(

I had some trouble fitting the outer wing panels to the resin centre section, and the fuselage seams cracked open while I was sanding too many times to count. Instead of using only a few tabs I recommend you back up the entire length of the join. All in all there really weren't too many problems compared to other vac kits I've done.

Thanks for that,it looks like it fought you all the way but it looks excellent.Deffo want one now.Thanks again.....Neil

Oh and bye the way,welcome to brit modeller :post1:

Edited by fatalbert

Very nice collection, I really like the Il-18, I have this in my collection but the Coot version, did you have any problem with this kit

I had the usual Amonster problems. It's a real putty monster; you're going to need to fill every seam and then some. The inboard engines don't fit well at all. They're made in forward and aft sections and there are huge gaps between them when you get them onto the wing. I had to laminate thick sheet plastic together, glue it in and carve it to shape to fill them. I didn't bother with the two part exhaust pipes, preferring to replace them with suitable sections of styrene tube instead. The canopy section is too wide for the plastic section of the nose so there's a 2mm overlap at the bottom edge that needs to be filled. At least it's not too marrow. The horizontal stabilisers need tweaking before they fit properly. The instructions show you where you need to cut them but be careful; mine ended up way out and I had to build up the roots again with sheet plastic. Here's a picture before the primer paint went on. That was only the first round of puttying...

amonsteril18.jpg

Here's Ken Duffey's build of the Il-38 version: http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_il-38.html

Awesome collection you have there, sir!

All are nice and tidy as best suits to civil aircraft.

Thank you, but I have to decline the honour of being a 'sir'. I lack the physical attributes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

It's kind of like a Bulldog. It's so ugly it's gone back into the cute territory. This is especially true when you consider it's only about as long as your finger.

Edited by Jessica

13 hours ago, Jessica said:

It's amusing to see a 5 year old post get so much attention :)

Hi Jessica!!!

In fact, the true wonderful  job achieved in every one of all those masterpieces makes true the fact of attention of this old post, and remember that every time  there are new guys and gals looking for what's special at this site, and without a doubt, your wonderful  job is so outstanding that can't pass unadvertised!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso 

That's a lovely collection and some beautifully rendered paint schemes.  I'm biased so my favourite is the Comet but the Air Niugini A300 looks great too.  The Martin Kitten looks like something from Stop That Pigeon!   (Terrific build though).

They all look great Jessica.

In my opinion, creating a nice clean model is just as hard as making a realistic looking weathered one so hats off to some excellent builds there. 

Hard to pick a favourite however due to work, I've always got a soft spot for 737's.

Cheers and well done.. Dave.