Red Arrows toying with a new livery, fin only most likely

turnerdad

I've been asked to start a thread on behalf of the Reds, as the boss has been toying with the idea of applying a new livery to the jets. If it happens, then it will almost certainly be limited to the tail fin, but possibly onto the fuselage sides a little too. Obviously they don't have the time or budget to re-paint all the aircraft all over, but apparently a fin re-paint is pretty cheap and simple. They also don't have the budget to employ a design agency, so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas and is able to scribble them onto some paper then please feel free. You can post anything here if you wish or PM me personally. The boss loves the 2012 Hawk and Tucano display jets if that helps, but I know any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've alsways thought the Reds should @fly the flag' a bit more than they already do.

So how about a scheme on the fin like that of XX261.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Br...9cfc837a389601f

That's the sort of thing, the white fuselage stripe would have to continue onto the fin which that does. Perhaps an "exploded" flag would be nice, something that resembles a split manouvre.

Borrow the current British Airways fin colours.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/British-Air...b58322e8a8c69ed

Anything resembling the BA livery is a definite no, something Red 1 has mentioned specifically. Nice livery though.

I've always thought the Reds should 'fly the flag' a bit more than they already do.

So how about a scheme on the fin like that of XX261.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Br...9cfc837a389601f

I agree with this, but how a bout something more "Fluid"... More like a flag flying/fluttering.

The Union flag in the above link is a bit "Rigid".

ill go with that more of the flag , tail should be red white and blue

yes i hve seen the reds quite a few times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what i meant was perhaps more flowing wrapping round the fuselarge like the hawk or tucano (i think not sure about aircraft not my thing )

I like the Union Jack idea though to be honest they look bloody great whatever. One of the few things these days makes you proud to be British.

Absolutely agree mate.

I used to be stationed at Scampton and serviced the Reds seats, even had the odd deployment with them. Great times.

I agree with this, but how a bout something more "Fluid"... More like a flag flying/fluttering.

The Union flag in the above link is a bit "Rigid".

I'm with you on that one

I've been asked to start a thread on behalf of the Reds, as the boss has been toying with the idea of applying a new livery to the jets. If it happens, then it will almost certainly be limited to the tail fin, but possibly onto the fuselage sides a little too. Obviously they don't have the time or budget to re-paint all the aircraft all over, but apparently a fin re-paint is pretty cheap and simple. They also don't have the budget to employ a design agency, so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas and is able to scribble them onto some paper then please feel free. You can post anything here if you wish or PM me personally. The boss loves the 2012 Hawk and Tucano display jets if that helps, but I know any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you are in contact with the Reds Boss - pass this one on............

They are due to appear at the Russian AF 100th Anniversay celebrations at Zhukovsky, Moscow on 11/12 August.

During the 2005 MAKS airshow, the French AF Patrouille de France were displaying - and trailing their usual Red/White/Blue smoke.....

red%20white%20blue_01.jpg

For their last pass, they switched the colours to White/Blue/Red - the colours of the Russian Flag......

red%20white%20blue_02.jpg

The assembled crowd of Muscovites went wild - cheering those wonderful French aviators......

If the Red could do something similar, they would earn lots of brownie points......

Just a thought....

Ken (who is hoping to be at Zhukovsky)

yes i hve seen the reds quite a few times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what i meant was perhaps more flowing wrapping round the fuselarge like the hawk or tucano (i think not sure about aircraft not my thing )

Not having a go mate, just responding to your post, now you've explained it a bit more I have to disagree about the wrapping around the fuselage as the original post mentioned just the fin.