Red Arrows toying with a new livery, fin only most likely

turnerdad

I really like this one by Jonathan too, but has anybody considered replacing the `ROYAL AIR FORCE' titling with `RED ARROWS'? Obviously if RED ARROWS titling was adopted then it may be better to have the letters in red rather than blue or white?

No, I suspect the "ROYAL AIR FORCE" branding, seeing as it's only been on the for the last few seasons would be non-negotiable.

I've been asked to start a thread on behalf of the Reds, as the boss has been toying with the idea of applying a new livery to the jets. If it happens, then it will almost certainly be limited to the tail fin, but possibly onto the fuselage sides a little too. Obviously they don't have the time or budget to re-paint all the aircraft all over, but apparently a fin re-paint is pretty cheap and simple. They also don't have the budget to employ a design agency, so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas and is able to scribble them onto some paper then please feel free. You can post anything here if you wish or PM me personally. The boss loves the 2012 Hawk and Tucano display jets if that helps, but I know any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do we get any feedback as the thought processes going on or any indication on any results as result of this thread.Any indication of what might be suitable or short listed as a result of everyones efforts and input. :winkgrin:

Edited by eagle

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry I havn't updated for a while, I had posted a response a while back on the 24th August, obviously not enough and I've been away for most of the late summer. From what I know a design has been put forward to the people who make these things happen, and they like it, it has been given the green light but it has to go to a very top level thing, which from what I've heard is expected to be looked at VERY favourably as the idea has been banded around for a while. Red 1 is a member here and he has seen thread several times and talked about all of them with me as I see him from time to time, plus he is the one who really wants to make this happen. The design is based on a flag design as are most of the designs here but I believe it is more traditional, ie a section of normally orientated flag superimposed onto the fin with the white stripe remaining on the fin. Some other bits too, but that's all I can say. It's still a drawing on a napkin (type thing, may be a little more advanced, it'll happen over winter if it does, Winterhawk?). Unfortuanately Red 1 is out of modelling right now and not prone to posting (or calling, or anything really), but he's got a busy job so I'll let him off. He does say many thanks to all who drew up designs, he liked them all and he did say that from looking through the images here and reading the replies, that hopefully the design (if it happens!) should be reasonably well recieved so he's a little more confident about pushing it through. I hope that helps.

Hi, sorry I havn't updated for a while, I had posted a response a while back on the 24th August, obviously not enough and I've been away for most of the late summer. From what I know a design has been put forward to the people who make these things happen, and they like it, it has been given the green light but it has to go to a very top level thing, which from what I've heard is expected to be looked at VERY favourably as the idea has been banded around for a while. Red 1 is a member here and he has seen thread several times and talked about all of them with me as I see him from time to time, plus he is the one who really wants to make this happen. The design is based on a flag design as are most of the designs here but I believe it is more traditional, ie a section of normally orientated flag superimposed onto the fin with the white stripe remaining on the fin. Some other bits too, but that's all I can say. It's still a drawing on a napkin (type thing, may be a little more advanced, it'll happen over winter if it does, Winterhawk?). Unfortuanately Red 1 is out of modelling right now and not prone to posting (or calling, or anything really), but he's got a busy job so I'll let him off. He does say many thanks to all who drew up designs, he liked them all and he did say that from looking through the images here and reading the replies, that hopefully the design (if it happens!) should be reasonably well recieved so he's a little more confident about pushing it through. I hope that helps.

Thanks for replying.

All good stuff.

But as said before remember that the union flag is only representational of the United kingdom when its in its entirety ,that is all of it. Parts or sections of it of it are not.

I believe the Olympics had some green derivate of the flag, this is entirely wrong.

It is one thing and one thing only the Union flag in its whole form and colours.

Just saying :winkgrin:

• 1 month later...