Spitfire MK.22 607 Sqn

Alreet thought id put up my most recent attempt at aviation modelling im normally a AFV and Railway modeller but recently been hooked on aircraft (I entirely blame my mate tim at work for that) and this is my 3rd finished kit after my zero and gladiator. I tried pre-shading on the camo scheme but had some problems with the underside going really stark when the gloss coat was applied for the decals. its lightly weathered using a light dusting of pastels although this doesnt always show in the photos.

any comments suggestions for next time are welcome cheers.

spit22aerial2.jpg

Spit22Side1.jpg

spit22side2.jpg

spitt22front.jpg

Spit22Aerialview.jpg

spit22underside.jpg

underside is alot darker that it should be i have no idea what happened with the gloss coat but theres nowt i can do now like>

cheers next up i think a supermarine stranraer

• Like 12

Nice work there. Which kit and scale? Looks 1/72nd. But I do like the finish and clean build Well done.
Thats a great looking Spit- Airfix 1/72?
Very nice Spitfire, if it's 1/72 wow exceptional

Hey thanks for the comments sorry i normally put the kit and scale in the description. Its the 1/72nd Airfix kit thats just been released recently. its a nice build but a few of the details such as the fuel filler in front of the cockpit is lost when joining and sanding the fuselage. I got round this by using evregreen rod of two sizes cut and glued to the fuselage then sanded to almost level to replace this detail. oherwise no real problems with this kit.

• 6 years later...