1/350 HMS Warspite

JohnT

Wonder how it will stack up against the Academy kit. Looks like she's set during the same time period.

At present exchange rates about £70.

Christof

Edited by christof

A wave of indifference here I'm afraid. Releasing a late war one after Academy have released both a 1942 and 1943 version means they have lost one sale already. The same lack of imagination in the office that came up with a dreadnought a year after Zvezda released theirs. :mental: :

Richard

Wonder how it will stack up against the Academy kit. Looks like she's set during the same time period.

At present exchange rates about £70.

Christof

What's the difference between this one and the previous Warpsite that Tumpy released earlier this year? I would have prefered a 1915/16 version.

What's the difference between this one and the previous Warpsite that Tumpy released earlier this year? I would have prefered a 1915/16 version.

Far too daring....

Trumpy released the modernized HMS Queen Elizabeth earlier this year,and I agree that a 350th WW1 Warspite would be very tasty ,save me having to convert the Academy one !!

Much prefered that Trumpy had started to produce some RN WW2 Cruisers (Counties,Dido,Town Etc).Although,we have the Tribal Class Destroyer coming from them, to get our teeth into,so I shouldn`t complain too much !!

Cheers Phil

Trumpy released the modernized HMS Queen Elizabeth earlier this year,and I agree that a 350th WW1 Warspite would be very tasty ,save me having to convert the Academy one !!

Much prefered that Trumpy had started to produce some RN WW2 Cruisers (Counties,Dido,Town Etc).Although,we have the Tribal Class Destroyer coming from them, to get our teeth into,so I shouldn`t complain too much !!

Cheers Phil

Of course, you're right Phil and I was being a bit dim. Got confused with the Academy Warspite and the Trumpy QE.

• 3 weeks later...

The cruisers would have been ace, but again we are let down. :shutup:

Why O why do thease makers keep just following the leader.

I know its cost, but they must realise that after one firm has produced a kit, that only if its better or diff will it succeed.

The cruisers would have been ace, but again we are let down. :shutup:

Why O why do thease makers keep just following the leader.

I know its cost, but they must realise that after one firm has produced a kit, that only if its better or diff will it succeed.

I'm confused we even got one of these Battleships in the scale.

For years the experts have been telling us that 'It just won't sell'

I believe them. I really do. Even now. They're the experts, after all.

So I just can't understand, despite all that expertise, how these British Battleships can be selling? Something can't be right?

Agree generally with all the above - since the Academy Warspite is about 1/2 the price, unless there is something exceptional about this one, why bother...

If they want to do something WW2 and British, how about an 'R' or, as stated already, some cruisers (counties, anyone?) or decent carriers

A decent Grand Fleet in 1/350 though, would be a very different matter - Lion and Tiger, Invincible, ID, QE's and, of course, Agincourt!