1/32 Eduard Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-7/Trop 'Black 8'

Very nice build and paintjob, and also beautifully restrained weathering!

This subject is one of my favorites - I have built it myself a couple of years ago.

I like the fact that you copied the camo from the real thing spot by spot, something I couldn't quite achieve myself.

One minor nitpicking though: According to my reference photo the hakenkreuz had white background on this aircraft :-)

Cheers

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

Very very tasty Dave. I like the lightness of touch with the weathering. The dust around the wheels, did you use pastels or is it misted on paint?

chris

Chris, I used pastels for the weathering around the wheels.

Very nice build and paintjob, and also beautifully restrained weathering!

This subject is one of my favorites - I have built it myself a couple of years ago.

I like the fact that you copied the camo from the real thing spot by spot, something I couldn't quite achieve myself.

One minor nitpicking though: According to my reference photo the hakenkreuz had white background on this aircraft :-)

Cheers

I noticed that too after I applied them, but I was running out of time as I had a few other builds that I need to complete before a deadline..

Hi,

first of all - what a beautiful model! I love it!

I'm doing their 1/32 E3 as part of the Bf109 group build - any pointers with the kit, perhaps places I should watch out for?

Yea just test all the cowl parts before gluing them... They can be a tight.

Very nice paint job Dave.

Are you joining the 109 GB later this year?

Steve

I may look into it! Depends ifI can get these commissions out of the way.. But I do have 13 109's in the pile that need to be built sometime!

Great job on this 109!

I think you used the wrong crosses for the upperwings. They should had much thinner white lines :

7637447168_6a68434a97_o.jpg

Also, the tailwheel should have whitewall tire.

Edited by bad edd