we're done...

Ok, It's Monday July 30, the STGB ended at midnight last night...

well done to the three that finished....so what happened to the rest of you?

(and yes I'm a bad boy too...too much worky stuff getting in the way...."sigh"....o well)

lets see a massive stampede to the WIP forum and then the done models in RFI

:)

yes?

oh good....

Kev

Thanks for acting as Group Build moderator, you've done a grand job! And despite me also failing to get one of my two planned Tens built before the deadline it's been a very enjoyable STGB. It also gave me the much needed KUTA to get some modelling done and to build a VC10 while they are still in service. Thanks again!

Mark

May I echo what the others have said, in that it has been an enjoyable GB and yet again (After the F-14 STGB) well led by yourself.

The big problem that I have had with this GB is that I've enjoyed it a little too much and now I want to build another airliner!

Same here but probably another with some sort of military markings, as i do have some hidden away.

Edited by Jabba

Kev, I'd like to add my thanks as well. I've thoroughly enjoyed this one.

This took mea little out of my comfort zone. I'm not used to working in such a small scale. Or with a colour scheme which is bright and attractive. And I hate spraying white!

Nevertheless, I went into this thinking it would be a relatively sraightforward build. I was wrong, of course. Being not entirely familiar with the VC10, despite having spent probably a couple of hundred hours travelling in them, I thought that I could build this pretty much out of the box. I was ready for a bit of rescribing. What I wasn't ready for was that the kit represents a prototype, which is quite different from the production aircraft - especially on the wings. I kept having to change my plans, even as I was building the thing. I added the large wing fences, removed most of the small wing fences, extended the leading edge and wingtips. I didn't deal with the fin bullet shape and the engine pylons.

I did manage to find the perfect solution to spraying white - Alclad white primer.

All in all, this has been a great GB. Wouldn't have missed it for the world! :thumbsup:

thank you boys n girls, it's been a pleasure to do this and the F14 stgb as well - if a little hectic here n there with both....

now your all converted to long thin aluminium tubes keep calm and carry on :)

chocks in place, engines off, doors to manual.....dont forget to take all your belongings with you, if you dropped anything down the lav, we'll get it out of the honeycart later and send it on, dont be like the guy who dropped his false teeth in there, had them retrieved after landing and popped them straight back into his mouth*.... thank you for flying AirKev.

* and yes that IS a true story.....

:shocked:

if you dropped anything down the lav, we'll get it out of the honeycart later and send it on, dont be like the guy who dropped his false teeth in there, had them retrieved after landing and popped them straight back into his mouth

and yes that IS a true story.....

:sick::puke::lol:

Sorry I didn't make the cut either Kev, in my haste to finish, made the usual schoolboy errors, thought my lovely smooth white gloss paint was dry enough, applied masking tape, painted gloss grey, removed tape...aaaaggghhhh! Lots of creases and grooves in the white paint.

As I'm building this for someone, had to walk away for a few days while I stripped and repainted. Hoping to finish it off probably tomorrow.

Thanks for hosting Kev. :thumbsup2: