Heller products back out on sale

Stephen

Certainly looks like it.Just checked their website and there is a lot of reissues,YIPPEE........................a new Chebec for me. :partytime::thumbsup::frantic:

Are they trying to release their entire back catalogue?

Very french business model, can they really sell all those expensive historic ships? What's the market?

And ships in 1/400, while I like them are out of step with current ship modelling concensus. Now what they really need to produce is British WW2 subs, i.e. T Class. :banghead: They would sell well and put the wind up Airfix.

Hmmmm, good to have Heller back and I wish them well

:cheers:

Adam

Edited by Madam I'm Adam

Have you seen the size of that citroen,1/8 scale......................frikkin ell.

Oh,and did I mention the Chebec.................................................. :hypnotised::hypnotised::hypnotised: .......Must not buy,must not buy............

150 quid at Hannants....................... :hypnotised::hypnotised::hypnotised: ..................Buy it,buy it..............

Edited by GEEBEE Z

I notice that Hannants are showing a 1/48 F4U-7 Corsair and a 1/48 Jaguar A as future releases. Are these new moulds?

Unlikely, as Heller had these in catalogue before.

Personally I'm very happy to see Heller reissuing their kits again ! The Mirage III-V is also one of my favourites and I might add the Viggen, still the best in this scale

Unlikely, as Heller had these in catalogue before.

Personally I'm very happy to see Heller reissuing their kits again ! The Mirage III-V is also one of my favourites and I might add the Viggen, still the best in this scale

I didn't realise they already had an F4U-7. I'll certainly be investing in one of those.

I bought a Viggen a few weeks ago to use in the forthcoming Swedish GB. It's a very nice kit indeed. I was under the impression that it had been reworked to represent the JA-37, but that's not quite true. The JA is a couple of inches longer than the rest of them, which wasn't worth Heller's time in mssing around with the moulds. So although the kit is billed as a Jaktviggen, it has parts in the box to cater for every version - even the T-bird!

Okay... the panel lines are raised. But then Heller's panel lines were always nice and restrained. Cockpit detail isn't up to today's standards, but what do you expect with a kit that's thirty-odd years old? Plenty of aftermarket available to dress it up.

The Heller Mirage III/V is likewise very nice indeed. Again, the cockpit needs some work. The undercarriage can be a bit weak, but it's hard to see how that can be avoided in 1/72 and still have a scale appearance. Maybe an opportunity for SAC to produce some white metal parts.

In fact, there are great opportunities for all the aftermarket companies. I'm hoping for a resin conversion set to backdate the Super Etendard to an Etendard IVM.

All good news! :thumbsup:

Enzo, sure I saw some Heller Etendard IVM and IVP kits on ebay a few days ago for around £25 plus postage. Be surprised if they don't get repopped soon as well.

Can't remember if the F4U-7 was Heller's own mould or leased from someone else but I think it was a bit basic IIRC.

Paul Harrison

has Heller gone back to being its own company again? At one time Airfix and Heller were own by one company (previous owner of Airfix). I did their Mirage 2000C and the IV bomber and l had the Viggen as well. All were very nice kits

Enzo, sure I saw some Heller Etendard IVM and IVP kits on ebay a few days ago for around £25 plus postage. Be surprised if they don't get repopped soon as well.

I have a feeling that the mould for the Etendard IV was used for the Super Etendard, so it's unlikely that there will be any more IV kits.

A similar thing happened with the Javelin T3.

And that AMX 30 DCA is a tad expensive ;)

Leaving that aside, a lot of the armour is in "avin a larf" territory. Thirty quid for the AMX-30 and another thirteen to give it useable tracks is a mite cheeky. And £58 for the upgraded AMX-30B2 (and for the Mirage 2000) had better buy a lot of goodies.

I have a feeling that the mould for the Etendard IV was used for the Super Etendard, so it's unlikely that there will be any more IV kits.

A similar thing happened with the Javelin T3.

1/48 or 1/72 ? In 1/72 scale the 2 kit were issued at around the same time so they were separate (altough with common parts).

Not sure about 1/48, but I'm sure I've seen both in the catalogue at the same time, so might be that again they had common sprues with separate parts in the various boxes

Just to update you on the situation.

Heller have always been in business although we have not been importing them regularly over the last few years due to some 'pricing issues' which we hope have now been sorted out.

Across the range we have managed to bring the prices down by around 20% (hence the restock) and with a large number of re-issues available we have seen a large amount of interest since the delivery last week.

As noted already some of the kits are still quite expensive imo but unfortunately they are the best prices we can offer and most of the range is now competitive.

With regards to the Chebec it was not quite ready for our shipment but should be in the UK by the end of the month.

Stuart

1/48 or 1/72 ? In 1/72 scale the 2 kit were issued at around the same time so they were separate (altough with common parts).

Not sure about 1/48, but I'm sure I've seen both in the catalogue at the same time, so might be that again they had common sprues with separate parts in the various boxes

The 1/72 Etendard IVM shares one sprue with the Super Etendard, so I'm sure the mould has not been modified and they were tooled at the same time, but it must have been a bad seller to have remained out of production for decades compared to the Super which has been available almost continuously. Shame as the IVP is a smart looking conversion.

Colin