-Lockheed Ventura in British Battle dress

- This is my first post on this forum

- The kit is from Revell with a few scratch building around the nose glazing and the cockpit windows bulges

-Hope you like it and whatever, thanks for looking.

036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

020.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

• Like 2

Very well done. Did this kit come with the B-P upper turret?

Chris

-Yes it does, but I have to say that I have a friend in Revell Germany staff who send me a test shot in which the turret and the single seat cockpit British arrangement was inclued, it is possible that this versions could be available in our favourite dealer shop one of these days........

• 5 weeks later...

Your build of this bomber and patrol aircraft is spot on with such great weathering. And I especially like your paintwork as it is very detailed and really nice.

Welcome to Britmodeller. Congrats to you and Tomy!!

Belle

• Like 1

I'm liking this a lot. A 464 RAAF sqn Ventura, a pretty special subject to me, my Uncle served in 464 as a navigator on their Venturers before loosing his life in one of their early Mosquito ops.He generally flew in Ventura SB-C AJ224. You have captured the subject & the overall war weariness of them superbly. Many thanks.

Steve.

• Like 2

What a beauty! Love all the Lockheeds - such great "curvy" lines - and this one's marvellously finished.

I'm liking this a lot. A 464 RAAF sqn Ventura, a pretty special subject to me, my Uncle served in 464 as a navigator on their Venturers before loosing his life in one of their early Mosquito ops.He generally flew in Ventura SB-C AJ224. You have captured the subject & the overall war weariness of them superbly. Many thanks.

Steve.

- It is a great pleasure for me to unwillingly, join the story of your family and to bring some testimony of those hectics days , I'm deeply touched by your story, thank you very much for this

• Like 1

Very very nice. Are those kit decals, as that's one of the aircraft my godfather was the gunner on

Steve

-As it is a test shot I built there was no decals so I used the Xtradecal sheet, (got it through Hannants my favourite dealer

• 1 month later...

That's a crackin example...and I particularly like the way you weathered the bombload.

Was a bit concerned at the weathering on the bombs, I thought they would be better looked after than that, I always thought bombs were used once and then discarded, but might be wrong. Great build of the Ventura by the way .

Edited by Andrew Jones